• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hi! I need help pls!:)
My question is:
'Assuming that the Moon travels at a a constant speed around the Earth at the centre of the circle, calculate the acceleration of the Moon.'

Reaction score
Hi! I need help pls!
The question is: "Why does the moon not fall and hit the earth?"

The gravitational force of the earth provides the centripetal force for the circular motion of the earth. Thus the moon continues in its state to motion instead of colliding with the earth

Reaction score
hi guys, question is " use kinetic model to explain the pressure exerted by a gas"...4 marks....and I wrote" A gas exerts pressure on any surface that comes into contact. There are 2 factors that must be taken into consideration, the force of the particle or atom at which it exerts the walls of the container, and the mass of the particle. The kinetic model states that the rate of the fore applied on the wall of the container, and the particle must be equal, resulting in a constant pressure throughout." is this correct, because i feel something is irrelevant and im missing some details, if u can help me out I'll be very grateful. fell free to tell me and correct me thanks

Reaction score
hi guys, question is " use kinetic model to explain the pressure exerted by a gas"...4 marks....and I wrote" A gas exerts pressure on any surface that comes into contact. There are 2 factors that must be taken into consideration, the force of the particle or atom at which it exerts the walls of the container, and the mass of the particle. The kinetic model states that the rate of the fore applied on the wall of the container, and the particle must be equal, resulting in a constant pressure throughout." is this correct, because i feel something is irrelevant and im missing some details, if u can help me out I'll be very grateful. fell free to tell me and correct me thanks

Well here as I would have answered it : Consider a gas enclosed in a cylinder. The gas molecules move randomly throughout the cylinder and collide with the walls of the cylinder, thereby exerting a force on the cylinder. As pressure is defined as the force acting normally per unit area, upon collisions, the molecules exert a pressure on the walls of the cylinder.

Still, if anyone else has a suggestion, please notify. Hope this helps

Reaction score
Well here as I would have answered it : Consider a gas enclosed in a cylinder. The gas molecules move randomly throughout the cylinder and collide with the walls of the cylinder, thereby exerting a force on the cylinder. As pressure is defined as the force acting normally per unit area, upon collisions, the molecules exert a pressure on the walls of the cylinder.

Still, if anyone else has a suggestion, please notify. Hope this helps

Thanks, u made me relieved....o and if i referred the gas an ideal gas, would the statements be same??

Reaction score
Thanks, u made me relieved....o and if i referred the gas an ideal gas, would the statements be same??

hmm I guess whether the gas is ideal or real is irrelevant here... Well thats my opinion at the very least... :)

Reaction score
Hi, im back with another doubt, keeping u guys bzy lol...:p , anyways here it is:
A young modulus of a wire is 0.17TPa. the cross-sectional area of a wire is 0.18mm^2. The wire is extended by a force F. This causes the wire to be increased by 0.095%.
Calculate stress and the forece F.

Reaction score
I have problem with waves ( As level). Can anyone tell me how to sketch waves with phase difference 60, 90 etc..

Reaction score
I need help with a few questions on simple harmonic motion.
(1)What happens to the amplitude of oscillation when resonant frequency,f0 is halved in a mass spring system?
(2)What is the difference between resonant frequency and angular frequency?
(3)Is there a difference between resonant frequency and natural frequency?

Reaction score
check out physics p12 no 23 and p13 no 19. arent the two questions the same and yet the answers on the ms do not match. or am i missing something?

Reaction score
Hey.im stuck with waves...so pls help me out.has anybody got detailed notes for waves????and can anyone explain me the difference between path difference and phase difference???and what is coherent waves???(i know that it means waves having constant phase diference but then i dont get...what does it mean by constant phase??????)

Reaction score

7 c) As we can see in the graph, power = 1.05 W at 2 values of V, when V = 1.12V, and when V = 1.9V.
V = the voltage across the resistor R.

So, when the voltage across R is higher → voltage across r will be smaller.
(becoz R and r are in series, and in series, voltage is divided between components according to the proportion of their resistances)

So, if voltage across r is smaller, and I is constant → P dissipated in r will be smaller.
(As P = VI)

So, the GREATER value of V → LESSER power being dissipated in r.

Hope you get it.