• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
AsA
please HELP!! explain the following : http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_42.pdf
Q1 b (ii) & (iii)
Q2 b (ii) & (iii)
and Q5 (a) !!
where are b(ii) and (iii)

in Q2b (ii)
WorkDone = Pressure x Change in volume
for Q2(iii)
internal energy = (heat supplied) + workdone
for P-Q u find wd in part1
so just add
for Q-R workdone = 0 so U= 720
for R-P
u know sum of all IE are 0
now calc third IE
put in formula IE = q + WD
and get the wd

For 5a
apply flemings left hand rule
u'll get into the plane!!

hope this helps

Reaction score
I kinda wanna confirm something. Why does the gravitational potential has a neg sign in it's formula?!
xhizors
Jazak Allah khair. :)

Reaction score
I kinda wanna confirm something. Why does the gravitational potential has a neg sign in it's formula?!
xhizors
Jazak Allah khair. :)
aslamalaikum
look u have to consider velocity of body going up as poisitve and body going down as negative.
case 1.
when u throw a ball upwards its speed decreases to zero so u would conclude that there is deceleration which means negative accleration .
case 2
when the ball from that highest point reached now goes downward u might consider as acceleration positive one but no its wrong.
velocity will increase but it will be negative so again negative acceleration.
now u would conclude that g is always negative

Reaction score
aslamalaikum
look u have to consider velocity of body going up as poisitve and body going down as negative.
case 1.
when u throw a ball upwards its speed decreases to zero so u would conclude that there is deceleration which means negative accleration .
case 2
when the ball from that highest point reached now goes downward u might consider as acceleration positive one but no its wrong.
velocity will increase but it will be negative so again negative acceleration.
now u would conclude that g is always negative
Wsalaam, Thanks, but i never mentioned a neg sign for a body falling towards the earth?! as per ur example a Ball. :/isn't it that gravity acts downward so it'll b positive?! :)

Reaction score
Wsalaam, Thanks, but i never mentioned a neg sign for a body falling towards the earth?! as per ur example a Ball. :/isn't it that gravity acts downward so it'll b positive?! :)
a=v-u/t and as V final velocity will always be negative for a body moving downwards so the acceleration will be negative.. in alevels u do have to give positive and negative signs its not o levels

Reaction score
a=v-u/t and as V final velocity will always be negative for a body moving downwards so the acceleration will be negative.. in alevels u do have to give positive and negative signs its not o levels
u know that final velocity will be greater than u and it will be negative so acceleration will also be negative

Reaction score
u know that final velocity will be greater than u and it will be negative so acceleration will also be negative
So, u mean when for eg: the ball is thrown up, the neg sign is 'cause of the deceleration and when it falls down, the neg is 'cause of the velocity (as we took it negative for downward) :)

Thanks a lot. :')
Stay blessed

Reaction score
someone gave me a link chemguide.co.uk and it helped in chemistry a lot! and i did a B grade performance in p4 chemistry and same condition here !
i want to prepare physics and 24 hours left for it's p4 and i have not attended any classes and i dont have any notes! notes posted here are not of the updated syllabus!
i have a physics a level book and i could not filer out materials so is here anyone who can help me? i had B (77) in AS physics and i want to score a good marks in A2 so that i can score A in total!
please help me and provide me notes of just A2 and we all can have a good exam! :D :D

Reaction score
Tomorrow's the exam and I'm freaking out because I didn't have much time to study :(
And right now I just have the whole day left today
I feel like I've forgotten everything of physics! :'(
Please anybody kindly tell me what to do and how I can revise everything quickly! PLEASE!

Reaction score
I believe it's a graph with a square wave form due to saturation, so when V2 is greater than V1 it's positive saturation, and when V1 is greater than V2 it's negative saturation. Hence resulting in a graph with a square wave form.
Hope that helped.

Reaction score
I believe it's a graph with a square wave form due to saturation, so when V2 is greater than V1 it's positive saturation, and when V1 is greater than V2 it's negative saturation. Hence resulting in a graph with a square wave form.
Hope that helped.
and what about the starting point!!

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest which question papers I should practice for the last couple of hours that I've got?