• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Stuck badly please help!! May u be blessed for helping! Dnt knw ans to it! :(

1. Describe the changes to the kinetic energy, the potential energy and the total internal energy of a block of ice as:
i. it melts at 0oC
ii. the temperature of water rises from 0oC to room temperature.

Reaction score
hey everyone i really want ur help cuz am kind of lost......

now my aim in physics A'level is A* which has an average curve of 175 total of 5 papers....

some ppl say that they did very well nd ended getting B or C
my least marks that i usually score are as follows...

p.1 28. p.2. 40. p.3 30. p.4 50. p.5 20.

rlly need your helpppp
are these marks good for A* ??????

Reaction score
hey everyone i really want ur help cuz am kind of lost......

now my aim in physics A'level is A* which has an average curve of 175 total of 5 papers....

some ppl say that they did very well nd ended getting B or C
my least marks that i usually score are as follows...

p.1 28. p.2. 40. p.3 30. p.4 50. p.5 20.

rlly need your helpppp
are these marks good for A* ??????

it all depends on the grade threshold!!!

Reaction score
Reaction score

for 3 c ii provide the same wave exactly identical but decreasing amplitude
5 b draw 4 capacitors, 2 and 2 in parallel

for 6 a parallel because then you would want force to be perpendicular to the magnetic field and with current use left hand rule

6 b i torque is Fd ofcourse the distance between the forces and you're given torque, that's an easy one how come you can't do it?

Reaction score
for 3 c ii provide the same wave exactly identical but decreasing amplitude
5 b draw 4 capacitors, 2 and 2 in parallel

for 6 a parallel because then you would want force to be perpendicular to the magnetic field and with current use left hand rule

6 b i torque is Fd ofcourse the distance between the forces and you're given torque, that's an easy one how come you can't do it?
hey
Thanx for the answers.

i know the qns i asked seem relatively simple, but the problem is this for the first 2, i wanted to compare my diagrams with drawn ones from someone else.
For the third qn i asked, i attempted using the left hand rule, but somehow i just couldn't figure out the answer

For the last qn i asked, the torque thing, i couldn't figure out why we were using the length 2.8 rather than 4.5

I will look at the qns again though. Thanx a lot for your help.

Reaction score
any body can do June 2002 for me on alternating current? what is the relationship between emf and current against time graph how can we compare? please somebody?

Reaction score
yes but in the ms some times the raw data has variable sig some of two and some 3 . i become confused then
You're right, but they wont deduct your marks.. late reply, i know, but this might clear your confusion for P3 :)

Reaction score
I think from R to P is because the whole cycle should get the sum equals zero, but I don't know why Q to R is zero, It's not in any book about this PV graphs =/

Yes it is confusing!! the marking scheme has different values of heat supplied to the gas!....is there an error in the question??