• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Question 2 (c) attached!

For the 3 (i), there's only one way. Split the graph into 3 parts minimum and calculate the area under graph. I believe cambridge have a range of values of the distance moved.
bro .. can u help me again plz with ... eg when they say second wave has same frequency with phase difference of 90 degree .....q 5(ii) ..same paper may/june 2010 23 ..... and with 2 _ when they say a wave has 0.25T where T is time period ... same thing ... sketching ?? for both ... i find a lot of difficult in this :::::::::and can u tell me the way of finding the distance ,, i tried but never got it @gary221 salvatore

Reaction score
does any one know the explanation for the gap in the stress-strain graph of a polythene?
A polymeric material, in this case polythene, is capable of supporting a much higher stress. In other words, the ultimate tensile stress of the material is very large.
The graph can not accommodate all the values of the stress and therefore, a gap is added added in between to differentiate the values. ( The gap is similar to a line break in a histogram)

Hope that helped :)

Reaction score
I thought the curvature after it touches the x-axis becomes negative! o_O
yup...thts d part i ws confused abt...but i thought tht frst d pull is in 1 direction, n thn the nxt...so thts how the overall force wud be...unless u mean like thisphy 1.png
but m pretty sure this is wrong!!o_O

Reaction score
Two springs X and Y have spring constants k and 2k respectively.
Spring X is stretched by a force F and spring Y is stretched by a force 2F. Each spring obeys
Hooke’s law during the extension.
The work done in stretching spring X is WX and the work done in stretching spring Y is WY.
What is the relationship between WX and WY? [1]
A WY =0.5 WX
B WY = WX
C WY = 2WX
D WY = 4WX why is the answer c and not A

Reaction score

phy 2.png
as u can c, the 5kohm, n the thermistor are in a parallel combo... so the total resistance R ------> 1/R = 1/5 + 1/T
since the total resistance is R, substituting it into the formula... V = P/(P + Q) * E
3.6 = 2 / (2 + R) * 6 -------> so R = 1.33 k ohm
So, substituting in the abv formula, 1/R = 1/5 + 1/T
1/1.33 = 1/5 + 1/T
So, T = 1.82 k ohm

Reaction score
View attachment 23193
as u can c, the 5kohm, n the thermistor are in a parallel combo... so the total resistance R ------> 1/R = 1/5 + 1/T
since the total resistance is R, substituting it into the formula... V = P/(P + Q) * E
3.6 = 2 / (2 + R) * 6 -------> so R = 1.33 k ohm
So, substituting in the abv formula, 1/R = 1/5 + 1/T
1/1.33 = 1/5 + 1/T
So, T = 1.82 k ohm
Thanks a lot for the explanation..
Much appreciated :)

Reaction score
Plz if anybody could help in October 2011 paper 23 in Q.1 part. (D) and Q2 and Q5
I'll answer the Qu 1 part (d) for now cuz' im really busy... In case noone answers the rest, I'll answer it

Attachments

• Xtreme Ans 6.png
    Xtreme Ans 6.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Thanks so much ...I would be too greatful if u could help me wid others also BDw do u hav these type of solutions to all papers

Reaction score
can anyone help me with these two questions
with working :)
thnk u in advance

Attachments

• doubts.PNG
    doubts.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
  • doubts1.PNG
    doubts1.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 6

Tkp

Reaction score
can anyone help me with these two questions
with working :)
thnk u in advance
fr question no. 35 the ans is d as the current 5 is divided in 3 parts so the ammeter reading would be 1.66 approx to 1.7(hope its right)