• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone please help me? My teacher set me a homework which i can't solve.
He told us to derive v^2=u^2 + 2as using calulus only
and i am pretty stuck

Reaction score
Can someone please help me? My teacher set me a homework which i can't solve.
He told us to derive v^2=u^2 + 2as using calulus only
and i am pretty stuck

v=(a/a)v
v=((a/(dv/dt))(ds/dt)
v=(a)(ds/dv)
∫v dv = ∫ a ds

use limits: (u and v) and (0 and s)

you will get the answer..

Reaction score
Reaction score
A general questions about practical: Should we use dots or crosses for the plotting points of any graph ? Thank you :)

Reaction score
A general questions about practical: Should we use dots or crosses for the plotting points of any graph ? Thank you :)
Cross is advisable because we clearly know the center of the cross while it is difficult to know the center of dot...I hope u understood..:)..likha maine pushto hi hai...:ROFLMAO: feel free to ask again if u didn't get my point...:)

Reaction score
Cross is advisable because we clearly know the center of the cross while it is difficult to know the center of dot...I hope u understood..:)..likha maine pushto hi hai...:ROFLMAO: feel free to ask again if u didn't get my point...:)

thank you... any other advises ?

Reaction score
Sort of unrelated, but could someone PLEASE post up the answers from the CD to the end of chapter and exam style questions from the book : Cambridge International AS and A level, Physics coursebook, just the AS part if you can....Thnx a million, and GOOD LUCK!

Reaction score
Can someone solve this and explain to me how they got it? Thanks guys,I'm struggling.

1)a)""A tennis player hits his tennis ball with a velocity of 56m/s at 2.5m above the ground. Ignoring air resistance,find the horisontal distance the ball will travel before hitting the ground.""

1)b)""If it were conceivable to play the same tennis stroke,with the same velocity of the ball,on a flat surace on the moon,how far horizontally would the ball then go.(Acceleration on the moon due to gravity is 1.6m/s²)""

Reaction score
guys, i seriously need some help with Paper 5.... I suck at experiment planning. especially the diagram freaks me out