• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No idea...
search up those questions in the pastpapers
and refer markschemes

Reaction score
answer is A can anyone explain how
Well its a velocity-time graph and a sine curve. To get displacement from velocity, u have to do the integration of velocity which implies the integration of sine here. Integration of sine gives negative cosine. Therefore the answer will be an inverted cosine curve. Therefore A. Hope it helps.

Reaction score
Well its a velocity-time graph and a sine curve. To get displacement from velocity, u have to do the integration of velocity which implies the integration of sine here. Integration of sine gives negative cosine. Therefore the answer will be an inverted cosine curve. Therefore A. Hope it helps.
one thing what has sine to do with velocity and cos with displacement?? are they related

Reaction score
one thing what has sine to do with velocity and cos with displacement?? are they related
Well not really... but there are many cases in the chapter wave where the velocity of a particle moves sinusoidal (related to the sine curve).

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Can anyone tell me the differences between STRONG , STIFF , RIGID and TOUGH according to young's modulus ??

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Can anyone tell me the differences between STRONG , STIFF , RIGID and TOUGH according to young's modulus ??

Found this in a book.
Strong: Withstand large stress before fracture, large ultimate tensile strength
Stiff: Large stress to produce small strain
Tough: Undergo significant plastic deformation. Require large amount of energy per unit volume to break

Can't find rigid though. Hope you can understand....:)

Reaction score
hi:)
i also did this question but got stuck on this: didnt they ask for the resistance in terms of R, then y do we write 'infinity' which is not in terms of R?? o_O

Reaction score
hello could you help me with no 1...thanks :)

1(a) Distance is scalar, it only has magnitude, no direction. Displacement is a vector, it has magnitude and direction.

(b) Check your books :) it's about inertia.
(c) I don't know if you can answer like this... Since velocity is constant, acceleration is zero. As acceleration is zero, resultant force is zero. Tanker in equilibrium when there's no resultant force on it.
Resultant force balanced out by drag force on water?

Reaction score
1(a) Distance is scalar, it only has magnitude, no direction. Displacement is a vector, it has magnitude and direction.

(b) Check your books :) it's about inertia.
(c) I don't know if you can answer like this... Since velocity is constant, acceleration is zero. As acceleration is zero, resultant force is zero. Tanker in equilibrium when there's no resultant force on it.
Resultant force balanced out by drag force on water?

thanks I needed to know about the vector diagram and the calculation part after that :)

Reaction score
Hey buddies could someone please help me with these questions ? It's from the physics Cambridge book.
Here :
Question 1 .
The number of molecules per cubic metre of air at standard temperature and pressure is about 2.7 x 10 ^ 25 m ^-3 .
What is the average separation of these molecules ?
ANSWER : 3.3 x 10 ^ -9

Question 2.
A metal box in the form of a cube of side 30 cm is filled with air at atmospheric pressure (1.01 x 10 ^5 Pa ) at 15 degrees Celsius. The box is sealed and heated in an oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Calculate the net force on each side of the box.
ANSWER : 5.8 x 10^3 N

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
thanks I needed to know about the vector diagram and the calculation part after that :)

To draw the vector diagram, u need to use a scale. As in you measure the given line of R and find 1cm= how many newtons. Then you draw the other two lines according to the scale. Even if the two lines intially don't reach, just keep changing the angle of the lines until they meet at one point WITHOUT changing it's length. That's what I would do :D

Reaction score
The number of molecules per cubic metre of air at standard temperature and pressure is about 2.7 x 10 ^ 25 m ^-3 .
What is the average separation of these molecules ?
ANSWER : 3.3 x 10 ^ -9
Thanks in advance

2.7 x 10 ^ 25 m ^-3 ... what is this mate...??? 2.7 into 10 raise to power 25m(what is this "m") raise to power -3...???