• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
worksheet 15 , Question no. 14
worksheet 16 Question no. 12

marking scheme attached. kindly explain in a simple way and also mention the concepts applied. Thaaaaaaankyooooou! :D

Attachments

• worksheet_11-17_.pdf
    911.2 KB · Views: 8
  • M_Schemes_11_Combine.pdf
    541.2 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
b) the current will enter at A and leave at C. it will either follow A-B-C or A-D-C. take both passages in parallel. it will be:
1/R = 1/8 + 1/8
R = 4 ohms
@Rvel Zahid
My school teacher told me this about the DC electricity question.
The redrawn circuit is like this.(uploaded)
The current doesn't flow from the R2 and flows from A to C to B and from A to D to B. Adding 20 ohms and 20 ohms in parallel results in 10 ohms.
The p.d. across the resistor R2 becomes zero. Ans is 10 ohms!

Attachments

• DC electricity question Brainbridge meter.jpg
    DC electricity question Brainbridge meter.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum,
I expect you have also done the first part of this question. You get E=deltaV/delta r or E= V/r or in other words, E is the gradient of V and r graph.
You can also sketch a graph on a rough paper , and as a rough work in exam which you can erase afterwards, by taking several values of r, or x which is the same thing in this case. The graph appears to be somewhat like this.(uploaded in the picture).
You get the idea of how the graph is sketched. The graph of E against r is steeper than the graph V against r axis. In the question, you draw a graph which is steeper and a little more downwards than the V against x graph.
Note: In the graph or E against r axis and V against r axis, in the uploaded picture, value of k comes out to be one.
You might find it better to confirm this answer. I don't pretend to be an expert on graphs though.

Reaction score
E = k/r^2 is another representation of E is inversely proportional to r^2.
V = k/r is similarly another representation of V is inversely proportional to r.
and there's one mistake in the diagram . It's corrected here. I wrote E = k/r instead of V = k/r. Apologies.
The correction is uploaded here.

Attachments

• June 2005, Paper 4, Q.6b Electric fields.jpg
    June 2005, Paper 4, Q.6b Electric fields.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
how do you find the are under the curves?
like in oct 07 question 5)b)ii)
where you have to find the charge?
i do not know how to find it. please help me out :s

Reaction score
how do you find the are under the curves?
like in oct 07 question 5)b)ii)
where you have to find the charge?
i do not know how to find it. please help me out :s
can u plz attach the link?
the shape which the area under the graph makes has to used in order to find the quantity.

Reaction score
Hi.. pls can some1 clear these queries of mine:
1- june 2009 paper 4 question 9 part b... i dont seem to get why the radioactive source must decay by 8 % as said in marking scheme

2- nov 2010 paper 43 q 3 part b... why does the position be 2 cm above AB.. and in part iii why do we have to use 2cm as instantaneous displacement of piston..

Thanks in advance!