• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
another question when we make a solution of two miscible liquids the boling point of the solution is effected...now ignore that whether it increases or decreases but the whole sol. has a uniform boiling point...if it is so then how we will perform the process of fractional distillation????
Chemistry question, i believe this is a application question, it's about successive extraction, pg 82. In chem app booklet.
They might have same bp, but not solubility in certain solvent.

Reaction score
a beam of monochromatic lite of wavelengh 630nm trnsports energy at the rate of 0.25mW. calculate the no. of photons passing a given cross section of beam each second.(planck cnstant=6.6*10-34,speed of light=3.0*108)

ans is [8.0*1014] ..................*10 stands for exp

Reaction score
Chemistry question, i believe this is a application question, it's about successive extraction, pg 82. In chem app booklet.
They might have same bp, but not solubility in certain solvent.
i did o lvls and thn doing fsc and dnt have tht book...cn u pls upload tht page...:)

Reaction score
a beam of monochromatic lite of wavelengh 630nm trnsports energy at the rate of 0.25mW. calculate the no. of photons passing a given cross section of beam each second.(planck cnstant=6.6*10-34,speed of light=3.0*108)

ans is [8.0*1014] ..................*10 stands for exp
Use E=(hc)/lambda. where E=(6.63*10^-34*3*10^8)/(630*10^-9) E=3.157*10^-19 J is the energy of one photon.

You have the beam transporting energy at the rate of 0.25mW=0.25mJ So Divide 0.25*10^-3 by 3.157*10^-10 to obtain the number of photons. You get 7.92*10^14 photons being transported.

Reaction score
see Kr has half life of 3 s.....there are two ways....one that u can set up an equation but thats more error prone so better off stick with the second method.........that after 1st 3 s Kr wd be 1/2.....after another 3 s it wud be 1/4th ......and after another 3 it wud be 1/8th whereas because of comparatively very big half life of Ba.....it wud decay be very small amount so after approx. 9 sec rattio will become 8
@OMG i Wanted to ask about an upper part of this question that why is fission energetically feasible......so ms was saying greater binding energy of products compared with reactants....bt how does it explain the energitcally feasible thing

Reaction score
how will i determine the frequency of unmodulated carrier wave

Attachments

• carrier wave.PNG
    carrier wave.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Asalam-o-alaikum :)
Can you please help with these physics paper 1 questions?
Questions 13, 14, 16, 25, and 33. Thank you very very much. :)
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/International A And AS Level/9702 - Physics/9702_s05_qp_1.pdf

Please help me with these? :(
14 D as the resultant together with other forces should originate from the same point. it should be springing outwards n upward direction. we can't show dat on a ppr so D looks appropriate in this case i guess.

16: the gradient will show us the power so the graph looks steepest from 2 till 3 seconds. the rise during this time is 30 joules and the time is 1 second so P= W.d / Time = 30W