• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
brother : firstly u cant use F=BIL here cos its a solenoid kind of arrangement!
bt however....the result from solenoid formulae will be the same....i.e E ends up being proportional to -dI/dt since(B=knI)(wid k being a constant and n number of turns)
the main problem is the graph u drew......
do correct me if u think i m doing a mistake
m a grl....
i think u have done the last part correct, but i think the second part is wrong. it shud b as i have done it... cox in 2nd part, gradient is increasing while in last part it is constant so it will b a straight line

Reaction score
ASSALAMO ALAIKUM

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE ERROR BARS IN P5 2ND QUESTION!!!?!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
ASSALAMO ALAIKUM

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE ERROR BARS IN P5 2ND QUESTION!!!?!!
Waalaikumassalam wr wb!

Well I don't know if you know how to calculate the errors in the readings...if you want me to tell that too then do let me know
Anyway once you have the errors, this is what you have to do
Let's take for example 24 was your reading and the error is 2 , i.e. 24 +/- 2

So mark one point for the max possible value 24 + 2 = 26
And similarly for the minimum value 24 - 2 = 22
Join these two points

These two points will be one above the 24 you marked and one below it

If you still have any confusions then do let me know, I'll try to help you out inshaAllah ;)

Reaction score
Waalaikumassalam wr wb!

Well I don't know if you know how to calculate the errors in the readings...if you want me to tell that too then do let me know
Anyway once you have the errors, this is what you have to do
Let's take for example 24 was your reading and the error is 2 , i.e. 24 +/- 2

So mark one point for the max possible value 24 + 2 = 26
And similarly for the minimum value 24 - 2 = 22
Join these two points

These two points will be one above the 24 you marked and one below it

If you still have any confusions then do let me know, I'll try to help you out inshaAllah ;)

Yes i know how to calculate the errors.
So u mark these points on a graph..
The 2 points will align on the same axis then.. for every value we'll draw a straight line, and then we draw a line through all of the values to find the gradient???
I'm sorry, we didn't start with paper 5 yet, so i don't have notes for it.

Reaction score
Q.Outline the principles of the generation of ultrasonic waves using piezo-electric
transducer? 4marks

Reaction score
In a piezo-electric transducer such as quartz two opposite sides of the crystals are coated with thin layers of silver to act as electrical contacts.
when the crystal is unstressed, the centres of charge of positive and negative ions in any one unit coincide.
the opposite sides of crystal act as electrodes.
P.D applied across the crystal causes the crystal to change shape. (centres of +ve and -ve charges no longer coincident as charges separate)
An alternating voltage applied across the the electrodes causes the crystal to vibrate with a frequency equal to that of the applied voltage.
If the frequency of the applied voltage (in the ultrasound frequency) is equal to natural frequency of vibration of crystal, resonance will occur and the amplitude of vibration will be a maximum causing the crystals to oscillate giving rise to ultrasonic waves..

Reaction score
Sorry I can't post a link,so can somebody explain to me how to work out the values of V1 and V2 in q)33 of M/J 2007 paper 1?

Reaction score
Sorry I can't post a link,so can somebody explain to me how to work out the values of V1 and V2 in q)33 of M/J 2007 paper 1?
p.d divides in series, not in parallel. each branch will hav p.d of 2V. the first branch has resistors in 1:1 ratio so p.d will be equally divided. each resistor of 5 ohms will hav p.d of 1V. so v1 is 1V.
in the second branch, the resistors are in the ratio 2:3. the p.d in the 3 ohms resistor will be 3/5 * 2 = 1.2V
so v2 = 1.2V
v1-v2 = 1 - 1.2
= -0.2 V

Reaction score
the activity A0 is stated with 2% error. we hav to get the time for 10% ka error. means original se 8% error. if original is A0, then after 8% error, it will be 0.92A0. we will consider the expression: A = A0* e^(-lambda*time)
lambda will be 0.693/half life
lambda = 0.693/(5.27*365*24*3600)
A = 0.92 A0
so the equation will be:
0.92A0 = A0 * e^(-lambda*time)
A0 will be cancelled
0.92 = e^ (-lambda*time)
ln (0.92) = -lambda*time

Reaction score
p.d divides in series, not in parallel. each branch will hav p.d of 2V. the first branch has resistors in 1:1 ratio so p.d will be equally divided. each resistor of 5 ohms will hav p.d of 1V. so v1 is 1V.
in the second branch, the resistors are in the ratio 2:3. the p.d in the 3 ohms resistor will be 3/5 * 2 = 1.2V
so v2 = 1.2V
v1-v2 = 1 - 1.2
= -0.2 V
Man u r a genius,thnx for replying so soon.However is there any other way for doing this question?

Reaction score
Guys can you help me with Q5 c i in june 2004 paper 4? the ratio is coming as half with me not 2 , any ideas why is it 2?