• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah! Btw which extra subject did u take? And what are ur subjects now in a level?
I don't know how to identify an extra subject since BDC Karachi encouraged us to take 9, but I took these in olevels: business, maths, add maths, chemistry, physics, urdu first language, english first language, pak studies, islamiyat.
In a-levels i am taking: maths, physics, chemistry, psychology.

Reaction score
What are u aiming for after A level?
Gonna go abroad most likely to the US. If not, then there's Australia and UAE(a few unis that give scholarships there too). There aren't any good quality engineering institutes in Pakistan. Like I know everyone says GIK and NUST are good, but the fact is that by international standard, they're weak(not well known either).

Reaction score
Gonna go abroad most likely to the US. If not, then there's Australia and UAE(a few unis that give scholarships there too). There aren't any good quality engineering institutes in Pakistan. Like I know everyone says GIK and NUST are good, but the fact is that by international standard, they're weak(not well known either).
Neither are engineers valued here...the field is saturated with few opportunities

Reaction score
Neither are engineers valued here...the field is saturated with few opportunities
I partially agree with you. Nothing besides businessmen or politicians are valued in Pakistan. Doctors, engineers, lawyers, none of them are valued. Bare in mind, these are very common fields, so if I go into less popular fields like fundamental physics or any other specified field, they are not valued at all. But, the fields in Pakistan aren't saturated. In fact, there's an issue of lack of labour in Pakistan. Most of the qualified doctors or engineers go off to other countries because working conditions and wages are poor in Pakistan, hence people go abroad for a better standard of living. If you go to hospitals in Pakistan especially Lahore, the staff is under qualified, because these hospitals tend to employ people with fewer qualifications( as there very few good quality doctors) since they're cheap as well. Besides, Aga Khan in Karachi, standard of hospitals is way below par. As for engineers, Pakistani firms like Millat hire poor quality engineers(saving money duh), while multinationals hire high quality ones. Yet, these multinationals still need more of these high quality engineers. So overall the field isn't saturated if you have a good quality education.

Reaction score
First I'm gonna try for govt medical institutes here (though I HATE bio) and if I'm not lucky enough then I'll go for engineering or accounting fields
Seems cool. Medical institutes here are good. But if you're gonna work, I would suggest you don't work in Pakistan(unless it's Aga Khan) because doctors are not valued here. I mean my cousin did her undergrad from King Edward MC and she's working at DHA National Hospital for like 50k a month(horrible starting salary).