• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Daniel you made my day...
Thank you man. Because i know ill get at least 30+ marks for practicals now, i was worried i would lose all my marks, 5 marks is good either way. Thanks again, for clearing that up.
Well, you're welcome :) However it's still not 100 percent that you will get 30+ as there might be some oversight you made that you didn't realise. Also, those 8 marks at the end of each of those paper... they're the hardest imo last year. You think you did alright in those?

Reaction score
Well, you're welcome :) However it's still not 100 percent that you will get 30+ as there might be some oversight you made that you didn't realise. Also, those 8 marks at the end of each of those paper... they're the hardest imo last year. You think you did alright in those?
It was a lens prac. with the usual limitations/improvements, which came in 2015/M/J/34 so i memorized those 8 points since it was more or less the same prac. Also, out of 8 marks 2 is always inbuilt which is 2 readings not enough and get more readings and plot a graph. ;)That's why i was confident.:rolleyes: Before the exam i posted a thread on forum asking what might come for the exam, lo and behold someone said lens practicals and electricity.:cry: so she was half right as the other prac was pendulum and mass alterations and i was glad cuz(electricity pracs is my weakest suit:sick:). But in the heat of the moment i counted periods wrong for the pendulum.:cry:. But since you pointed out that examiners wouldn't be too harsh i felt better. Even 8 marks cut off would be allright at this point since i checked with my tutor what i wrote for the exam.

Reaction score
It was a lens prac. with the usual limitations/improvements, which came in 2015/M/J/34 so i memorized those 8 points since it was more or less the same prac. Also, out of 8 marks 2 is always inbuilt which is 2 readings not enough and get more readings and plot a graph. ;)That's why i was confident.:rolleyes: Before the exam i posted a thread on forum asking what might come for the exam, lo and behold someone said lens practicals and electricity.:cry: so she was half right as the other prac was pendulum and mass alterations and i was glad cuz(electricity pracs is my weakest suit:sick:). But in the heat of the moment i counted periods wrong for the pendulum.:cry:. But since you pointed out that examiners wouldn't be too harsh i felt better. Even 8 marks cut off would be allright at this point since i checked with my tutor what i wrote for the exam.
As long as it's all sorted out, that's pretty good to hear :)

Reaction score
It's sorted, but i'm still pondering the graph question as in the pendulum thing. Do you really think that they won't be harsh?

Reaction score
It's sorted, but i'm still pondering the graph question as in the pendulum thing. Do you really think that they won't be harsh?
Graphs huh... I'm not exactly sure in paper 3s, but in paper 5s they normally have an exemplar they place over to see if it lines up. In the case of paper 3s it might be the same, so I would expect a few marks to be taken there as well. But that would be something like 1 or 2 marks only I suspect. Like I said they do give ecfs and the graph will be getting marks. If you're unsure just check the marking schemes of the graphs again, and see where you might lose marks. The way they mark those are basically the same anyways.

Reaction score
Graphs huh... I'm not exactly sure in paper 3s, but in paper 5s they normally have an exemplar they place over to see if it lines up. In the case of paper 3s it might be the same, so I would expect a few marks to be taken there as well. But that would be something like 1 or 2 marks only I suspect. Like I said they do give ecfs and the graph will be getting marks. If you're unsure just check the marking schemes of the graphs again, and see where you might lose marks. The way they mark those are basically the same anyways.
yeah i asked cuz the readings of wrong time periods were entered to plot the graph thats why.:oops:

Reaction score
Could someone please help me with this question from May/June 2017 Paper 21 Q.6 di)
Sorry there is no link from this website. Its urgent, I have my Physics resit in 2 days and i don't know how to solve the kind of questions involving circuits.

Reaction score
yikes!still sorry about that!

Reaction score
Can Anyone give me the papers of As level may june 2001 PAPER-2 along with mark scheme.Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
yikes!still sorry about that!
Could someone please help me with this question from May/June 2017 Paper 21 Q.6 di)
Sorry there is no link from this website. Its urgent, I have my Physics resit in 2 days and i don't know how to solve the kind of questions involving circuits.
No worries, i might stop science after this exam depending on results..... maybe im better off at a desk job or better yet be ordained as a monk.

Reaction score
No worries, i might stop science after this exam depending on results..... maybe im better off at a desk job or better yet be ordained as a monk.
Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the thread. Don't worry, mate I'm sure you'll do alright :) btw what is your desired grade overall for physics?

Reaction score
It's already amazing that you predicted one of the questions right... I have never predicted what questions will be in the exams before I went in. Gotta be confident in them all haha.
See, School teachers and tutors are connected with Universities or centres where pracs are going to be, so once the centres are known tutors and teachers get data about the equipment we are gonna use then they round up the info and tell whats going to come, atleast thats how it happens here in Sri Lanka. If the centre people tell its strings and masses they automatically know its a pendulum practical, if they are toldntomprobide with multimeters and wires, you guessednit electricity. When i went for paper classes we had a practical session in 2016 where the exact practical came. #Adapt, Improvise , Overcome. LOL.

Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the thread. Don't worry, mate I'm sure you'll do alright :) btw what is your desired grade overall for physics?
Well atleast a B would be good, after all i really dig in to A2 and As theories. btw thanks homie you've been keeping me cool the past couple of days. #Props

Reaction score
Guys for Igcse physics in graph can we start the graph from the number given for ex-20,30,35,40,45,50,55 can I start the graph with 20 rather than (0,0)
And should the scale be>50%

Reaction score
You can do so, provided that scale is > 50% and use the graph with regular intervals in 1,2,4,5 and 10 unit intervals, so you cant start with 20 then go 30 and 35 40, if you must start with 20 you should go 20,25,30 etc or 20,30,40, or 20,24,28,32 etc.

Reaction score
You can do so, provided that scale is > 50% and use the graph with regular intervals in 1,2,4,5 and 10 unit intervals, so you cant start with 20 then go 30 and 35 40, if you must start with 20 you should go 20,25,30 etc or 20,30,40, or 20,24,28,32 etc.
If I remember correctly 4 is also somewhat of an awkward succession, so I would only go with 1,2,5 or 10 mostly.

Did my physics paper 4, screwed up a 4 mark question ._. the rest was alright, but that was kind of depressing getting stuck in the middle of the paper

Reaction score
If I remember correctly 4 is also somewhat of an awkward succession, so I would only go with 1,2,5 or 10 mostly.

Did my physics paper 4, screwed up a 4 mark question ._. the rest was alright, but that was kind of depressing getting stuck in the middle of the paper
I always use to do this shit at the end. xD I know it sucks when we stuck in the middle of the paper :/