• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be 9000 Hz? The signal bandwidth is 18 kHz; the audio bandwidth is half of that, which means 9 kHz or 9000 Hz.

Audio (or message) bandwidth is the same as maximum frequency of the audio (or message) signal.
Yes. xD I answered part (ii) xD

M sorry.

Reaction score
9702/41/O/N/13
qtn 11 (a) & (c)
can someone plzz explain
For this if you look at the samples taken you see that some peaks get lost (between 0.25ms and 0.50ms & between 1.00ms and 1.25ms) which we don't want. So there is a significant change in voltage measured and the sampling frequency(or sampling rate) is too low.

Reaction score
upload_2017-3-19_1-49-34.png
w13/43
plzz explain the complete qtn
(i) no of uranium nuclei = no of barium nuclei why is that so why arent including krypton
(ii) why neglecting krypton

Reaction score
View attachment 61806

Can any1 pls xplain (b)?
y do we use A= -λN?
cuz N gives us undecayed nuclei nt amnt in atmosphere?
We use A= -λN because we have Activity, Decay constant and N( the no of particles that are present).
Using that formula we get N= 9.52 x 10^7 of Radon-222 atoms
So the ratio will be (2.52 ×10^25)/(9.52 x 10^7) giving 2.6 x 10^17. I believe this is the correct answer.

Reaction score
We use A= -λN because we have Activity, Decay constant and N( the no of particles that are present).
Using that formula we get N= 9.52 x 10^7 of Radon-222 atoms
So the ratio will be (2.52 ×10^25)/(9.52 x 10^7) giving 2.6 x 10^17. I believe this is the correct answer.

bt isn't N the no. of particles present in the sample n not in the air? Lyk the undecayed amnt?

Reaction score
Specifically looking for a candidate who appeared in A level exams and received an A and had Physics Chemistry and Biology just wanted few advices regarding how to approach the examintions and how to revise having 40 days in hand

Reaction score
Specifically looking for a candidate who appeared in A level exams and received an A and had Physics Chemistry and Biology just wanted few advices regarding how to approach the examintions and how to revise having 40 days in hand
I am an Engineering student. Got AAB in Phy, Math, and Chem respectively.
Only forty days remaining. I would strongly encourage you to focus on past papers right now.
Solve as many papers as you can, find in which concepts you are loosing marks.
Target your weaknesses, work on them.
Plan your studies properly. Two papers per subject in a day, if you can manage it. Else, just one paper per subject in a day will be also great. ;)
No one can stop you from an A. ;)

Good luck. (y)

P.S. This is the time. Work on your weaknesses. Strengthen it. A is yours. :D

Reaction score
9702_w15_qp_21

upload_2017-3-23_20-22-46.png

Q5 (i) On Fig. 5.1, draw a line to represent the position of the string at t = 5.0 ms.
How??
I don't understand the 5 ms