• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
explain fully plx...i know its ez bt i guess im doin smethin wrong getting a as the ans though its b

Attachments

• jn.PNG
    jn.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
24 you are given the spring constant the firmula for spring constant is K=F/e
where K is the spring constant F is the force and e is the extension
as the trolley is that rest the force applied by P = force by Q
Force by P=k*e=60*0.40=24
Force by Q=k*e=120*e=24
e=24/120=0.2

Reaction score
Please someone tell how to calculate the percentage uncertainty.
Eg Measuring from vernier caliper, my reading is 3.52. How we will calculate the % uncertainty?

Reaction score
Can anyone explain me this question???? I would really be grateful.... :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140418_192351.jpg
    IMG_20140418_192351.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Do you know the correct answer?

It should be B.

On model all lengths are one tenth. So if there is extension of 1 m on real crane there would be a extension of 0.1 m on the model because 1/10 = 0.1

Dividing 1 by 0.1 results in 10 which is the same as 10 raised to power 1.

Just a guess.

Last edited:
Reaction score
igot the same calculated results bt how did u conclude tht its b ..cn u explain fully plx?
The calculation shows that it takes 2 ms for one wave to complete its cycle. Now each square on the horizontal axis respresents 0.5ms. Thus dividing 2/0.5, it must take 4 complete squares for the wave to complete on cycle. That happens only in B

Reaction score
THIS IS THE 3rd TIME I AM POSTING THIS QUESTION SOME ONE PLZ ANSWER THIS QUESTION with explanation wont take more than 2 min
Capture.jpg

Reaction score
THIS IS THE 3rd TIME I AM POSTING THIS QUESTION SOME ONE PLZ ANSWER THIS QUESTION with explanation wont take more than 2 min
Capture.jpg

The piston is in equilibrium, as it is not moving. Thus outside pressure must equal the pressure inside. Thus force on piston
100000 * .003= 300N

Now, the area of the cylinder doubles, which halves the pressure inside it. Thus, the force on the piston now would be

50000* .003 = 150N

The reason i was not replying to your question was because i was confused about how the piston would remain in its place in diagram 2 as the air pressure outside is now more than the pressure inside. However, i had not read the question carefully enough as it said "held at". Sorry for the late reply

Reaction score
Is the answer C?
Note: I am not complete sure about this question
extension = F * l/A*young modulus

Now in the model, all the linear dimensions are one tenth.

Now, the length, width and height of the load are 10 times the one in the model. Thus 10*10*10 = 1000 times the volume of the load in the figure. As volume and mass are directly proportional, the mass should also increase 1000 times, and so should the weight.

Now, the radius of the wire in the model is times the one in the model (linear dimensions) Thus the area should be 100 times more than the one in the model due to the square in the area of a wire

The length of the wire would just be more by a factor of 10.

The young modulus should not change, as it is the same for a material

(1000 * 10/100)/1 = 100

Kindly confirm about this one.

Reaction score
Is the answer C?
Note: I am not complete sure about this question
extension = F * l/A*young modulus

Now in the model, all the linear dimensions are one tenth.

Now, the length, width and height of the load are 10 times the one in the model. Thus 10*10*10 = 1000 times the volume of the load in the figure. As volume and mass are directly proportional, the mass should also increase 1000 times, and so should the weight.

Now, the radius of the wire in the model is times the one in the model (linear dimensions) Thus the area should be 100 times more than the one in the model due to the square in the area of a wire

The length of the wire would just be more by a factor of 10.

The young modulus should not change, as it is the same for a material

(1000 * 10/100)/1 = 100

Kindly confirm about this one.

Yes the answer is C.... Thankyou very much...

Reaction score
Do you know the correct answer?

It should be B.

On model all lengths are one tenth. So if there is extension of 1 m on real crane there would be a extension of 0.1 m on the model because 1/10 = 0.1

Dividing 1 by 0.1 results in 10 which is the same as 10 raised to power 1.

Just a guess.

The answer is C in the marki g scheme