• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s07_qp_1.pdf

MCQ Q4,7,13,19,26,33,36

Sorry for so many, if anyone can help with even one of these questions that would be of great help to me.

4 Period is the time taken for one complete oscillation. Now, one complete oscillation would be the time taken between two successive crests. Let's take the crests as the peak of the wave on the graph. Travelling horizontally, it takes 4 block till the next peak. So, 2.5 * 4 = 10. Looking at the vertical axis, we can see that the peak voltage is about a bit more than 3 blocks from the horizontal axis. As each block represents 5mV, 17 would be our answer. It cant be 25 because that would require 5 blocks. Answer C

7. Both the other quantities are velocities. Thus X should represent the velocity due to the force F. Answer is thus C, as product of a and t would give us the velocity due to that acceleration for the specified time.

13 Resolve the forces perpendicularly to the beam. 8 * sin60. Now just multiply it by the length of the beam as it is a couple. 8 *sin60 * .6 = 4.15 = B

19 1/2 * force* extension... force = 2N. Extension = 0.9-0.5 = 0.4 Answer A

26 lamdba = ax/d... increasing lambda would increase the fringe spacing according to the formula, and as red light has a higher wavelength than violet light, the answer is D

33 I've explained this type of question a couple of times. Just scroll back a few pages and you will find the solution.

36 Terminal potential difference is the PD of the battery after we have taken account of the internal resistance. First find the current in the circuit with V = IR
I =3/6 = 0.5 A. Now calculate the PD due to internal resistance. V = 0.5 * 2 = 1V. Subtract this from the EMF and we have our terminal voltage = 2V. Output power = IV = 0.5 * 2 =1 answer is C

Reaction score
What are the properties of..
(a) crystalline solid?
(b) polymeric material?

+does anyone have a good notes on properties of matter?

Reaction score
You have to find the components for the 10 N force that is going upwards and to the left.

Also these are my doubts please help,
View attachment 37917
Answer is C

View attachment 37918
Answer is D
View attachment 37919
Answer is A

Please explain as much as possible,

Thanks a tonne!

Hi Muskan,

Do you understand Q5 part b(ii) from http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s10_qp_21.pdf
?

If you do, may you please explain it to me?

Reaction score
Does anyone understand Q 5 part b(ii) from http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s10_qp_21.pdf
?

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

Do you know the electric firld is caontant between 2 parrale plates if you see a pic of the electric lines you will see that it looks like those lines near the plate in your question but as you go future they change so its suppose to be really close to the plate.
electric field decrease with distance from the positive test charge

Reaction score
Do you know the electric firld is caontant between 2 parrale plates if you see a pic of the electric lines you will see that it looks like those lines near the plate in your question but as you go future they change so its suppose to be really close to the plate.
electric field decrease with distance from the positive test charge

So where would the magnitude be constant and where would it be decreasing in the diagram?