• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper..

Reaction score
paper was bloody easy :D gonna get high marks unless physics paper 2 screws things up badly xD

Reaction score
hey i am not discussing the paper but is image distance and focal length the same thing ?

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
@Anyone: mine was correct temme pleashhhhh? :p

Usman, it is funny to ask, but were u the same person who was asking Basil that was it the image distance or focal length and I called from the front and said image distance :p :wink:

Reaction score
hhahahhaha yeah I AM :D LAWL
But Tell me the answer for God's sake :p CORRECT ONE!

Reaction score
hey guys..one question..
the one where we had to find the distance "s" by experimental techniques or sth..i wrote that we cud use a metre rule to measure the distance and read it perpendicularly to avoid paralx error..ofc i elaborated it :p but thats the main idea..is it correct??
AND and and, the one where we had to write what had to write 2 points, in what was similar bw the 2 testubes sth like that..i wrote that the initial temperature should be the same and the test tubes shud be identical in terms of mass and stuff..is this right??

Reaction score
Usman17 said:

I wrote image distance, but most of my friends wrote focal length

Reaction score
i wrote focal length..n underdog1234 i wrote bout ruler n parallax error too..plus drew a diagram..
that shud gain 2 marks but for the last mark um not sure :S
i wrote that different light sources shud b used to obtain an average for focal length
n the lens shud b perfectly horizontal during experiment..does that make sense ?

Reaction score
i guess measuring tape would be better for measuring distance as it was written for 2 to 3 meter and meter rule is for only 1 meter .. and i wrote in any 2 2 like points(not discussing paper) shoud be at same height atmospheric conditions shud be same

Reaction score
rehan751 said:
Usman17 said:

I wrote image distance, but most of my friends wrote focal length

I also wrote image distance and I think it wud be correct since in marking scheme they give many possible correct answers so image distance cud be 1...!

Reaction score
unfortunatediva said:
i wrote focal length..n underdog1234 i wrote bout ruler n parallax error too..plus drew a diagram..
that shud gain 2 marks but for the last mark um not sure :S
i wrote that different light sources shud b used to obtain an average for focal length
n the lens shud b perfectly horizontal during experiment..does that make sense ?

Well i think the last suggestion was to measure the distance from 1) lens to white card
2) white card to lens.. and then take the avg... dats wat i wrote..!