• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 61 nov 10 HELP!

Reaction score
First of all they are talking about the cooling experiment, so look at Table 2.1. Second, you have to have an idea of what room temperature is.(25C) so...the temperature reading in the table is 33 at 180 secs. what will it be when the temperature is 25C ?? Look at the cooling rate and make an estimate. I would say 320seconds.

Reaction score
amaghraby said:
elaborate please how to estimate

The way i did it was that i observed how the rate of temperature change was going. At the end of the table it was 2 and you can notice that the rate seemed to be losing one degree every 30 seconds.

So i calculated how much degrees there was between the current temperature and the room temperature. 33-26 = 7 and then i assumed that it would lose 1 C every 30 seconds. so 7x30 = 210. and added this to the time at the end of the table and got 390s. so it would be 390 s till room temperature.