• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 6 help please

Reaction score
I dont understand what is meant by.Extend the line on the outline of the box :s
Check this question out. Q4 c)http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0625%20-%20Physics/0625_s08_qp_6.pdf

Reaction score
it means keep extending the line till u reach a point that is 5 cm from the side CD

Reaction score
OKay guys , i was looking through paper 6 topics to see if i can come across the question am just about to ask , and well my question is regarding this same question , in the markscheme the values given are (mm) and next to that it says "no ecf"
what does that mean?

and why exactly does the answer have to be in mm not cm? how can we know what unit to use? thanks.

@ gunner , ill upload the pic of my drawing , for your reference and so that others can tell me if its right or wrong :)

so here it is

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
OKay guys , i was looking through paper 6 topics to see if i can come across the question am just about to ask , and well my question is regarding this same question , in the markscheme the values given are (mm) and next to that it says "no ecf"
what does that mean?

and why exactly does the answer have to be in mm not cm? how can we know what unit to use? thanks.

@ gunner , ill upload the pic of my drawing , for your reference and so that others can tell me if its right or wrong :)

so here it is

It was alright to use cm instead of mm , the examiners have the mark scheme as a reference. So they do things at their own discretion , such as accepting answers that weren't mentioned in the mark scheme as long as they make sense.
It would be ludicrous to expect the mark scheme to say 1 mm , 0.1 cm , 0.001 m etc.

Secondly , No ECF means "No Error Carried Forward. Which means that if a value used in the current question is wrong because it was based on an earlier question , the examiner will disregard that and give you the full marks available assuming the entire current question is correct.
It's a way to prevent you from being penalized multiple times for the same mistake.

Reaction score
Dont worry
i asked my teacher .. cm or mm is doesnt matter
Btw Ahmoosh .. your answer is right :)

Reaction score
Just one more question. Do you know when there is a parallel circuit. and they ask us to add a voltmeter to measure the pd of the lamps. Do i add it like a "branch" similar to the bulbs. or on the bottom bulb, top one. Doesnt make a diff

----------

---(X)----

---(X)----

--(V)---

Is this correct ^
or does its cables connect to the top cables only and not the main cable?

Reaction score
i drew this quick drawing a took a pic with the webcam. Which one is better
GetAttachment.aspx

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
GetAttachment.aspx
Can't see the image ,but this is how it should be.

This way the voltmeter detects the current before it goes through the routes and after and it can tell the difference.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Gunner1995 said:
GetAttachment.aspx
Can't see the image ,but this is how it should be.

This way the voltmeter detects the current before it goes through the routes and after and it can tell the difference.

cant see urs either :D

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
Emm so the answer please.... i just wanna know where i draw it :(

|-------Power ---------|
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| ----------VM--------- |
|----------LAMP------- |
|----------LAMP--------|

looks crappy but you get the idea. there should be space between the left | and the right |

Reaction score
Can someone tell what is the symbol for a resistance wire ? they say here in the question that "use the standard symbol for resistance". Which is what exactly ?!

Reaction score
Does it really matter if the V is at the top or bottom, not really right? I just wanted to know does it have seperate wires connected to the sides of the lamps. Or branched in parallel EXACTLY like the lamps

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
Does it really matter if the V is at the top or bottom, not really right? I just wanted to know does it have seperate wires connected to the sides of the lamps. Or branched in parallel EXACTLY like the lamps

It should be parallel to the lamps and it should be between the power supply and the lamps in order to measure the potential difference before the current hit the lamps and after. If it was below it would be measuring nothing. So it should be up in the case of my drawing.

Reaction score
Pernee26 said:
Can someone tell what is the symbol for a resistance wire ? they say here in the question that "use the standard symbol for resistance". Which is what exactly ?!
A resistor is the same thing as a resistance wire. And the standard symbol is the rectangle.

Reaction score
Thanks so much :* Cant wait to ace my test with you guys :D But i made 4-5 silly mistakes in paper 1. HOPE I MAKE UP FOR IT! Goodnight