• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 42 expected gt and discussion

expected gt

• less than 70

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • less than 60

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • less than 50

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sab bta den aaplog ppr ka -_-
Guys please.. Just be patient till 8a.m.. Discuss all you like after that :p

Reaction score
It was a tricky paper. Or maybe few of the questions were tricky. So those questions would be there to keep the threshold low ;) That nuclear question for sure. GT would be close to below 60. I have done easier papers than this which had a GT at 56.

Reaction score
Mass was 130g. and KE ratio was around 0.32

How did you do the K.E. ratio, by taking the max gradients of both waves and then the ratio?
I did it that way and got 3.29, since the wave with a larger max gradient was in the numerator of the question.

Don't see how it can be less than 1, unless you accidentally flipped the fraction over? Or then maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Reaction score
How did you do the K.E. ratio, by taking the max gradients of both waves and then the ratio?
I did it that way and got 3.29, since the wave with a larger max gradient was in the numerator of the question.

Don't see how it can be less than 1, unless you accidentally flipped the fraction over? Or then maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
calcualting KE was easy the formula is 1xMx(XoW)^2 . so everything gets cancelled but the amplitude. you just square the amplitudes and take the ratio and im sure it was right. Had nothing to do with gradient

Reaction score
My point is that the question asked the max. KE ratio for two waves, one of them had a higher maximum x/t gradient than the other which meant a higher max. speed and thus a higher max. KE. and that wave's KE was in the numerator. If I'm remembering it right then there is no way the answer can be less than 1.

I used 0.5xMxV^2 , and got V of both by calculating the max gradient. Not completely sure if it was right, but anyway .. no point in moping over it now. Rest of the paper went fairly well.

Reaction score
My point is that the question asked the max. KE ratio for two waves, one of them had a higher maximum x/t gradient than the other which meant a higher max. speed and thus a higher max. KE. and that wave's KE was in the numerator. If I'm remembering it right then there is no way the answer can be less than 1.

I used 0.5xMxV^2 , and got V of both by calculating the max gradient. Not completely sure if it was right, but anyway .. no point in moping over it now. Rest of the paper went fairly well.
i did the same thing you did but i subsituted V=WXo. where Omega is angular frequency and Xo is peak amplitude. Found ratios using that since the aplitude was visible on the graph. And W is same for both so gets cancelled. But your answer is close to the flipped fraction. So one of us probably has it right

Reaction score
What was the answer to astronaut one and the one which asked why momentum is not same?