• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 34

Reaction score
how many sig fig shud we use for the data in question 2? the calculation part to get processed data

Reaction score
yeah I mean a clip, sry for my bad english. because I have my cousin, who is a Physics teacher, he told me that the first question is about acceleration of a trolley, roughly like a ticker tape that we studied, and the 2nd question is about torque and moment. He also hints me that the paper this year thought the content seems to be simple but the types of questions they ask are very different from previous years.
That is if we are talking about paper 34
R u sure abt tht???
Coz my teacher was telling me tht the 1st ques will be abt electricity, n d 2nd abt oscillations or sth...:cautious:

Reaction score
Yeap many people are saying that we have electricity
my guesses are 1 question potentiometer,becuase my teacher said that it was important and 2nd questions something to do with oscillations or equilibrium or something like that. :)

Reaction score
Yeap many people are saying that we have electricity
my guesses are 1 question potentiometer,becuase my teacher said that it was important and 2nd questions something to do with oscillations or equilibrium or something like that. :)
Same here!!

Reaction score
justify the number of signioficant figures. how to answer this one.

one example involving this question: soem water is given in bottle, we need to measure its volume using beaker or measuring cylinder, suppose the volume reading is 500 cm cube. now in next part he asks that justify the sg..? :/

Reaction score

one example involving this question: soem water is given in bottle, we need to measure its volume using beaker or measuring cylinder, suppose the volume reading is 500 cm cube. now in next part he asks that justify the sg..? :/
Umm..maybe it depends on the least count of instrument used...
like the calibrations n everyth???

Reaction score
Umm..maybe it depends on the least count of instrument used...
like the calibrations n everyth???
i guess so like to how much degree or accuracy the instrument measures. that will determine the s.f

do you know how to take log in some of questions in practical...? :/

Reaction score
usually you give the same no of sig fig as the one already given somewhere in the question
what if its the 1st question, like u take one reading and next part asks straight away why did u took these number of s.f for the reading

Reaction score

u can never use beaker to measure. if smallest division on m.cylinder is 0.1 then ur measurement shud have 2 or 3 s.f

Reaction score
One, no potentiometer.. Don't worry :)
Two, make sure you guys know how to measure diameter using a micrometer screw gauge..

And does anyone of you know what the uncertainty of a stopwatch is ? :s