• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 33

Reaction score
Best of luck every1 :)
Do tell me how to calculate uncertainity
percentage uncertainty = ( uncertainty / average value ) x 100
that is all i knw abt uncertainty thing....
hope this helped a bit though...

best of luck (y)

Reaction score
ohhh thnxxxx!!!
2 more doubts plzzz!!!!
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w11_qp_35.pdf
help me with question 2aiii please....
and
help me understand the concept of error calculation...
Uhh im not too good with those but here's a try:
You found m by 50-0 right?
Then % uncertainty of m = ((0.05 x 2) / m ) x 100
For repeated readings, as in taking average values, uncertainty is half the least uncertainty of the apparatus used.
When multiplying or dividing quantities, add their % uncertainties together.
When adding or subtracting quantities, add their absolute errors together, then divide by the result of the addition/subtraction of the measurement.
If a measurement is to be raised to a power, then multiply the % uncertainty in the measurement by the power to get the % uncertainty in the overall term.
Err thats it I think ;o

Reaction score
Uhh im not too good with those but here's a try:
You found m by 50-0 right?
Then % uncertainty of m = ((0.05 x 2) / m ) x 100
For repeated readings, as in taking average values, uncertainty is half the least uncertainty of the apparatus used.
When multiplying or dividing quantities, add their % uncertainties together.
When adding or subtracting quantities, add their absolute errors together, then divide by the result of the addition/subtraction of the measurement.
If a measurement is to be raised to a power, then multiply the % uncertainty in the measurement by the power to get the % uncertainty in the overall term.
Err thats it I think ;o
ok so.......1st part i got it ........ and the second part i still didnt get it to be honest*
what do you mean by adding / subtracting / multiplying /dividng quantities ?
can you explain it to me with an example cz im still not sure whether i hv that thing correctly in my mind.

Reaction score
ok so.......1st part i got it ........ and the second part i still didnt get it to be honest*
what do you mean by adding / subtracting / multiplying /dividng quantities ?
can you explain it to me with an example cz im still not sure whether i hv that thing correctly in my mind.
Suppose you have 2 values a & b, we're taking about adding/subtracting/whatever those 2 values. Got it now?

Reaction score
Suppose you have 2 values a & b, we're taking about adding/subtracting/whatever those 2 values. Got it now?
i think so ... actually i was taught a method now i dont remember it properly .... something delta x / x + delta y / y
i m confused.:unsure:

Reaction score
For angles the unit is degree right? But what if when it comes to sin theta or cos theta. will there still be any units?

Reaction score
What was the gradient? Mine was -ve 4.xx. From my group only my gradient was negative :/
Does it matter if we use cm or m and kg or g?