• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 23

Reaction score
For the electricity question I did someone like V=IR for the first two parts (I used it somewhere to find I I think, and later put it in the equation E/R+r=I so yeah)

I left the last part lolll. The last part has something to do with internal resistance.

Reaction score
The expression of I is, I=E/(R+r), E is the y-intercept = 5.8V, power dissipated when I=1.6A is P=VI = 2.9x1.6 = 4.64W, and lastly the efficiency part is just VI/EI x100% = 50%

Reaction score
I think generally the paper isn't hard. It is different and for some people, it looks tricky. :p

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanations :)
I think most people did not expect that resitive force question, the resultant vector question and the electromagnetic spectrum question.
Also at the end, for that nuclear equation, i think one of the particles was 3-2 He. I thought He was 4-2 ( 4 nucleons and 2 protons?) Is it like an isotope?
Thanks

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting that much of drawing and calculations for gradients. >__> Tedious work.
It is definitely helium-3, isotope of helium-4.

Reaction score
Also, for that question where the ball rolls down the slope. When they tell you to calculate the velocity and time to reach the bottom, can you assume that kinectic energy = potentital energy, since there is no friction. Would this give you the velocity when it reaches the bottom?

Reaction score
I think that works. I however used v^2=2(gsin15)(0.28/sin15), well it's the same anyway.