• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1 preparation help needed !!!

Reaction score
Hi friends........im good at doing paper 3 and paper 6 of igcse physics but when it comes to paper 1 ........im not sooooo good at it..........
plzz guide me how to prepare for paper 1 of physics ASAP PLZZZ i ve got my skul prebooard paper 1 on monday coming

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

You only need 'core' concepts for paper 1. Are you sure you're good at paper 3 (Extended part), because if you are, paper 1 should be a piece of cake for you.
Practice will make you perfect nonetheless.

Reaction score
ummm core concepts meaning??? :p
ummm yea paper 3 im sure im good at it.......i cn easily solve the questions bcz i noe da formulas nd all....
in paper 1 i usually get those theorotical questions wrong.... :/

Reaction score
Dear perplexed,
The only thing that u require for P1 is concept. I would recommend you to go through the Olevels P1 too, as those are harder than IG's.

Reaction score
P1 only deals with the core part of the syllabus. Id doesn't have any extended material. Truthfully, you can't study for P1, especially if you know the concept well. What you need the most is a lot of practice and solving of past papers, and as the one above said, O-levels are harder, yet they are not necessary for you to succeed in them.

Reaction score
P1 is more or less an overview of the entire syllabus. If you are prepared for P3, P1 should not be a problem. Unless you are studying only for those questions that generally come out in P3. It also helps in P1 if you know the shortcuts to arrive at the correct answer without doing all the work. ;) Like estimating the results. Worst come to worst, pick a letter and use that as an answer for all the questions you can't answer. You should get something close to 25% of them correct. :) (Of course, if you *know* that one is the wrong answer, choose another letter.)

Reaction score
Hi,

You only need 'core' concepts for paper 1. Are you sure you're good at paper 3 (Extended part), because if you are, paper 1 should be a piece of cake for you.
Practice will make you perfect nonetheless.
if u say u r good at extended u should be very good at paper 1 cause its chicken work and read ur text books extensively for me i know am not going to get less than 38 in my obj.