• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1 2011 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
some one please explain to me the barometer question....
for thoose who didn't sit for the exam dun ask what was it b4 24 hrs
sanks and beace

Reaction score
i wrote x is less than y in terms of pressure , but i think am wrong,
which bulbs are switched on off , in order on off on?
or all on ?
also the how to find the N of magnet , wat do u do?

hope u all did well , maths was hard today...

Reaction score
use compass for that magnet
all lamps are on
Same atm. pressure on both day :)

Yeap MATHS was pretty hard :shock:

Reaction score
atmospheric pressure were the same
and all the lamps will glow on
and a tricky one was the transformer, the primary coil is the one in your right.

Reaction score
Yeah I got them correct except the lamps :( Math was really easy.
What'd you get for the ice? 0 or 2

Reaction score
all lamps were on? haha we had this huge debate after the exam , some argue that on of on , and others on on on ,.....
they are saying that since the current was D.C
then the path was one direction only , so it cant pass through the second bulb because it wont go down * since its dc* to flow through the branched wire on the left side... dunno wats right ,
hope maths curve goes waaaaaaaaaaaay down...

Reaction score
i made a mistake on the transformer one. other than that nd the lamp question, everything was pretty straight forward.

Reaction score
the barometer i did they both have same atmospheric pressure
and the lamps on off on
the primary coil was the one on the right??! :S

Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but WHY would he pressures be equal?! That's impossible because the right barometer had a bigger test tube, so the right one should have more pressure, right?

Reaction score
yea i wrote the one on right , and i hope the on off on is correct xD
barometer got em wrong..
it was the hardest paper 1 so far... not too hard , just harder than the rest...

Reaction score
I wrote x had less pressure because in y there was more mercury, meaning more pressure in the deep... What was the extension question; I wrote 300...

Reaction score
i wrote inverted for the lens , hope thats right....
i wrote 200 for extension... not sure though
and adityar i thought same thing for barometer question so i wrote that :p dunno why its wrong though...

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
yea i wrote the one on right , and i hope the on off on is correct xD
barometer got em wrong..
it was the hardest paper 1 so far... not too hard , just harder than the rest...
the answer is on on on 'cause though there is a broken circuit, current is still going through the second one via the parallel circuitry... I agree, the past papers were easier...
:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :) :) :)

Reaction score
The thing with the barometer question is that liquid pressure is affected by 3 things only: density of the liquid, gravitational acceleration, and the depth of the liquid.

Both X and Y were at the same depth, and since the density of mercury and gravitational acceleration is constant the pressure at points X and Y should be equal.

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
i wrote inverted for the lens , hope thats right....
i wrote 200 for extension... not sure though
and adityar i thought same thing for barometer question so i wrote that :p dunno why its wrong though...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The answer is RIGHT :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I could not think of any other possible thing because they CERTAINLY did not have same pressures due to volume difference, so that rules out B and D, and x DID have lesser prssure, so me and you have to be right :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.