• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics p42(Discuss)

Reaction score
Easy but due to ill-preparation I couldnt do a lot of the questions. It was way better than what I was expecting. Applications part went cool except for the attenuation question, while in section A I left quite a lot of blank spaces!! :evil: :(
If anyone could remind me the questions I may recall my answers...
Now all my hope falls to a low GT which is quite usual with this ugly paper, and I might get something I am looking for. :|

How was yours?

Reaction score
yeah same here =(
i wasnt prepared well.. so screwed up most of the paper.. nyways..paper was fine..

Reaction score
Aww i prepared for a hard paper..but i was quite surprise..no ideal gas, no nuclear,,..boff i forget to answer the last page...infact i didnot notice the last question...god know why this question of 4 lines was print in the last page when it could have been printed next to number 7...i coulnot answer question number 1, the gravitational field where its zero..!!!!

Reaction score
Yea even I couldnt do the first question, but later(at home) I realised that it would be zero when 'pulls' from both the sides would be equal, so it would be like GM1/R^2 = GM2/R^2 where we can equate; one of the radius and find R of the next one, and that would be the distance from the body where g would be zero!
Damn!! I just wish I could think with a cool and wise mind at the exam hall ....I have got some kinda examophobia i guess...coz after every exam i find out "i knew all those answers i left blank!" :( maybe i need a psychologist ...?

Reaction score
lolz..you just need to relax in exams..if possible burn a pipe..hehe

Hmmm infact i got a mind like you in the exams,i did not leave blank,,i just didnot have the time to think so it was better for me to attempt other question, i write the g=gm/r^2 maybe 1 point...huhh

Hey what about the application, for the 1st question is it non inverting amplifier g= 1 + rf/r,,a bit confused..??pffffff

Reaction score
I think this is very easy paper than that of M/J bt for first question I flet hard but latter on I got it.
Dose anybody has idea what GT will be?
I think it wiil be high

MHR

Reaction score
This paper was relatively easy...although I did leave off about 7 marks. Shouldn't be too bad. I think the gt for this 42 will be higher than b4 though...