• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P21

How was your exam? numbers represent your expected grade

• Very Easy 54-60

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Easy 50-54

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Moderate but somehow tricky 44-50

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Hard 36-44

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Very Difficult <36

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
How was your exam. I dunno if we can check answers now, or we must wait 24 hours. I expect the gt to be from 34-38

Reaction score
I didnt find it hard at all but when I left the exam I felt like it was tricky because usually in Physics I always have a bit of doubt about my answers, but I heard my friends answers and was assured I did well. the hardest parts for me was pretty much the last part of the last question in the very end of the exam about the conservation of energy thing. Also I didnt do the rest of the potionometer questions after finding the current. I personally hate deriving so I might have lost marks there a bit but not compeletely, what else.... mmmmm i wrote the magnitude of the force thing as 240 with its direction upwards but I have a feeling I solved it wrong.
I feel a total of 20 marks gone because of calculations.

Reaction score
Also does anyone know the question where they said something about the amplitude of the wirse increasing or decreasiing or something I cant remember what exactly, but I wrote that intensity increases so bright fringes will become brighter.

Reaction score
lets start !! the fringes were sure brighter, i got the fringe separation 1.4x10^-3 not sure abt it,,, electricity was messed up !!! i got I= 0.29 A,, and E= 0.2 ,,, 2) was a real mess up i got the force 1.488 N, and the maximum height 5.4m.... 4) the strain energy was 0.293 J

Reaction score
OOHH shit acceleration of free fall=9.81 .. i messed up in q2, i got acceleration = 32 idk how,, i got the distance =5.4 m, all the other ppl got it 17.6m ,, i hope the error carried forward will help my stupidity... the last question of radioactivity i talked abt conservation of momentum, but the point was abt E=mc^2 :(

Reaction score
OOHH shit acceleration of free fall=9.81 .. i messed up in q2, i got acceleration = 32 idk how,, i got the distance =5.4 m, all the other ppl got it 17.6m ,, i hope the error carried forward will help my stupidity... the last question of radioactivity i talked abt conservation of momentum, but the point was abt E=mc^2 :(
u think we had 2 right E=mc^2 i mean its not in the syllabus x_x

Reaction score
i know, but u know in each session there must b a question out of the syllabus

Reaction score
The last question I think you had to talk about how the mass was converted to energy, as heat given off during the reaction and kinetic energy for the alpha particle.. i ended up putting " and the lead particle" but i'm not so sure that the lead particle would gain kinetic energy so I might lose a mark there.. and for the force I got 140N upwards.. not 100% sure abt that one fringe sepearation 2.1 x 10^-3... got emf as 1.8.. pd as 1.8.. current 0.29A .. energy conserved for the circuit one.. no current through cell so internal resistance doesn't matter.. bright fringes become brighter, dark fringes dont change.. uh max height was 17.6.. inelastic because total kinetic energy not convserved,,

That's all I can remember that I got

Have a feeling GT will be in the 40s this time for an A although I've never seen it higher than 40 :/

Reaction score
Lol most of ur answers are right, and i got almost nothing of wat u got :(

Reaction score
The last question I think you had to talk about how the mass was converted to energy, as heat given off during the reaction and kinetic energy for the alpha particle.. i ended up putting " and the lead particle" but i'm not so sure that the lead particle would gain kinetic energy so I might lose a mark there.. and for the force I got 140N upwards.. not 100% sure abt that one fringe sepearation 2.1 x 10^-3... got emf as 1.8.. pd as 1.8.. current 0.29A .. energy conserved for the circuit one.. no current through cell so internal resistance doesn't matter.. bright fringes become brighter, dark fringes dont change.. uh max height was 17.6.. inelastic because total kinetic energy not convserved,,

That's all I can remember that I got

Have a feeling GT will be in the 40s this time for an A although I've never seen it higher than 40 :/
almost like u except for da current got it 0.59 A nd yeah curve is gona be high :s