• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P11 13A fuse question!

What was tour answer?

• Total voters
Reaction score
remind me with the question and the choices

The question where the lamp was to be fitted with a 3A fuse but was fitted with a 13A fuse instead.
Don't really remember all the choices but I chose that the fuse will not melt but the lamp won't light, option B that is.

Reaction score
Wat i choose was D.....i knw it ws soooo confusing...but not sure wid de answer....btw y do u sy dat de lamp wnt wrk????

The question said that the lamp is NOT faulty. That means it should work with ONLY the specific power. That is my logic. I don't know if it's true.

Reaction score
The question said that the lamp is NOT faulty. That means it should work with ONLY the specific power. That is my logic. I don't know if it's true.

I don't think that is true. If you can imagine one of those tiny bulbs they can usually handle going up to about 10 volts before the filament melts. The lamp would get brighter if you increased the power, but in the question it had no mention of that.

Still, I'm not sure. I could be completely wrong here.

Reaction score
I don't think that is true. If you can imagine one of those tiny bulbs they can usually handle going up to about 10 volts before the filament melts. The lamp would get brighter if you increased the power, but in the question it had no mention of that.

Still, I'm not sure. I could be completely wrong here.

May be...

Reaction score
i chose da one with the current will be too much and the cables or sumthing will melt... :/ !!!