• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 All MCQ [After 24H]

Reaction score
OK guys heres all the ones i remember, please DO add in any, i cant remember all 40, here we go! [P.S, ill be adding my answer to it as well]

1) unit of resistivity [I did B, m3A-2s-3]
2) line of action of force in the circle [i did C, apparently its B]
3) forces 1 vector 1 scalar [K.E and Force]
4) train and markers positioning one [600 m]
5) new proton/nucleon number after emission of alpha + beta particle [the option with 88 proton number]
6) mass of alpha particle [10^-26]
7) number of wavelengths of shortest wavelength in 1 meter [10^14]
8) temperature unusual scale [400C]
9) thermistor+LDR one where voltmeter reading would be judged [I did both low, apparently it was thermistor high heat, LDR low light]
10) momentum one which must be true for elastic collisions [speed of approach = speed of seperation]
11) ball rising steadily [i did GPE, i can not yet decide if it was energy is conserved or GPE]
12) air speed [480, apparently correct is 16000]
13) units of young modulus [Nm-2]
14) current distribution between P and Q [1/18]
15) force required to balance [0.29 Nm]
16) transverse wave always [polarized]
17) new wave over older smaller wave [333 frequency, 4 amplitude]
18) people in train and train moving with its own mass at an angle to gravity [i think it was C...cant remember options]
19) arrow and bow [14-19 meter, cant remember which it said :p]
20) graph of something that changes as ball bounces [displacement]
21) the scaled crane and object one [10^1, not sure though]
22) terminal V drops when switch closed [because of drop across R]
23) when resistance of variable resistor goes from 10 to 0 [graph drops of P decreasing to 0 from max]
24) person jumps from balloon [air resistance increasing non-uniformly before going flat]
25) angle between first and second order [16.2]
26) fringe spacing will increase how [by reducing q]
27) how many antinodes [3]
28) rubber graph [first low then high]
29) current cannot depend upon [time of reading]

How did you get question 15 o.29 NM isnt it 0.010 NM
and how question 3 can be B. that circle line of action of force in the circle, Isnt C right??

and whats 28, it was about some heat energy

Reaction score
there was a pressure of 2 gases question
another one in which we had to find the effective resisitance between p and q

Reaction score
umm here are some dat I could remember :

- this qs where all external forces on an object are removed, I chose it won't move not sure
- piston & volume qs where we had to choose the eqn which would give us force
- this question with the 2 tubes filled with mercury or something (don't remember properly) & we had to find the height
- internal resistance, resistance of heater in fish tank.. we were to find power (pretty easy one though :D)
- shaded graph.. energy lost due to stretching rubber
- other simple qs where they gave us current in mA & resistance & we were supposed to find voltage
- electric field qs: to find electric field strength

that's all the questions I remember & couldn't find in this thread.. hope I helped :D

Reaction score
what was the ans of power dissipated one ?
how it had to be done

umm we were supposed to find the current using this eqn: E = I(R+r) where E is emf, R is the resistance of the heater & r is the internal resistance of the battery..... when we get the current, we just use P = I^2 x R to find the power dissipated

Reaction score
do you remember the
umm we were supposed to find the current using this eqn: E = I(R+r) where E is emf, R is the resistance of the heater & r is the internal resistance of the battery..... when we get the current, we just use P = I^2 x R to find the power dissipated
values and ans of that question?

Reaction score
i dont remember any of the working, just the answers which I gave, or which were correct according to most people in my center!

Reaction score
i was so confused with the train markers question. How did you get 600? I solved it with simultaneous equations using the v^2 equation and got both 400 and 600, so I randomly chose 400...