• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics oct/nov 34

Reaction score
My Gradient was -0.1 EXACT! Y-intercept was around 6.75 to 7.00 maybe.
Uncertainity was waay too much, about 71.8% and k was not supported, obviously! :p
For the second question, I merely Approximated the angles, about 36 and 45 degrees..
According to the supervisor, my practical was on the right lines, with the same answers he got. And I guess, everyone else nearly got the saame. :D
So CHEERS! (y)

Reaction score
i got a positive gradient and you ??? hey guys if you got a negative gradient then what were your values for A and B???
For A, it was the same as my positive gradient and B was y-intercept.

you did it wrong.. Gradient was negative! just think overall extension (A-B) was decreasing as we went along the ruler and if we divide it by any constant like we had C, the value will decrease gradually!

Reaction score
how do you find gradient and y intercept?

take 2 points from the line graph {e.g. P1(x, y), P2 (X, Y)
divide the differences in the points of both the axes and the difference of Y axis values must be the Numertor
e.g.
(Y - y) / (X- x) = gradient

Y intercept is the point where the graphs cuts the y-axis, its value can be estimated by seeing the plot, or calculated with the help of equations provided
:)
hope you understand.

Reaction score
I think so my angles are a bit wrong only while all other ans are correct so how many marks would be deducted my k was also not supported so pls ans me

Reaction score
That sounds very wrong. Its definitely a negative gradient. You'll probably lose a lot of marks for graph and table of values. Did you plot length on x axis and the A-B/r on y axis?

Yes i did, my gradient was 0.052 something and yintercept was 0.42.

Reaction score
you did it wrong.. Gradient was negative! just think overall extension (A-B) was decreasing as we went along the ruler and if we divide it by any constant like we had C, the value will decrease gradually!

are you definite that the gradient was negative ???? i got positive values...:(