• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
can some one anyone please help me Can anyone of you post the force extension graphs of ductile polymeric and brittle matterials and explain them a bit anyone please!!!!! :(

Reaction score
DeathDealer said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/9702_w10_qp_11.pdf
QUESTION 5 !!
Ufffffffffff..........tryd AwLMOSt mo dn 10 tyme buh ma Ans iz 2mscm^-1 tch
Plzzzzzz Some1 Help me

here
in 1 min(60S) .....3000 revolution.
in 1 s ...............50 revolution so ...f= 50 Hz
now..T =1 /50 ...20 ms
now in the screen of 10 cm wide...only option B can adjust because it is in Milliseconds(ms)...

Reaction score
DeathDealer said:

D because

1 Solids are rigid because of the strong forces of attraction between them.
2 Liquids flow because the molecules the forces of attraction among the molecules of liquids are comparatively less...so they have the tendency to flow because of not having definite shape
3 Gases are least dense, particles have no attraction to each other.

Reaction score
arlery said:
DeathDealer said:

D because

1 Solids are rigid because of the strong forces of attraction between them.
2 Liquids flow because the molecules the forces of attraction among the molecules of liquids are comparatively less...so they have the tendency to flow because of not having definite shape
3 Gases are least dense, particles have no attraction to each other.

ThanX ALOT mate
n
Q;5 !

Reaction score
Arshiful said:
can some one anyone please help me Can anyone of you post the force extension graphs of ductile polymeric and brittle matterials and explain them a bit anyone please!!!!! :(
They're a bit dirty :)

Attachments

• graphs.PNG
    graphs.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
@ Deathdealer...here u go
the questions says tht 3000 revolutions take 1 minute=60seconds... we need to find the time for 1 revolution only which will represent 1 pulse or u can imagine it as a wave... in this case 1 revolution needs 0.02 seconds (cross multiplication)... the 0.02 are needed for one revolution, which is 10cm on the screen (see question) so to find the time base u need to find the time for 1cm, which is gonna be 0.002 seconds/cm.... change this to milliseconds you'll find it as 2ms/cm... and this is closest to choice B which is 10ms/cm ....thats it
hope u get it,,,gd luck in your coming examz ;)

Reaction score
What is the component of this displacement vector in the direction XY?
A 3.0 km B 4.0 km C 5.0 km D 6.6 km
y is it c? its from oct 2010 varient 2

Reaction score
I don't really know how to explain this one, the vertical forces cancel each other out (30-30=0). The horizontal forces don't because hey are in the same direction (20+20=40). So it is non zero. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Deformation and phases of matter notes.

Attachments

• Solid Material.pdf
    66 KB · Views: 7
  • Phases of Matter.docx
    30.9 KB · Views: 9
  • matter.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 8
Reaction score
A moving body undergoes uniform acceleration while travelling in a straight line between points
X, Y and Z. The distances XY and YZ are both 40 m. The time to travel from X to Y is 12 s and
from Y to Z is 6.0 s.
What is the acceleration of the body?
A 0.37 m s–2 B 0.49 m s–2 C 0.56 m s–2 D 1.1 m s–2
n dis 1 2 plzzz :(
^saturation hv da same doubt so cnt help u out sorry :)

Reaction score
jumana94 said:
@ Deathdealer...here u go
the questions says tht 3000 revolutions take 1 minute=60seconds... we need to find the time for 1 revolution only which will represent 1 pulse or u can imagine it as a wave... in this case 1 revolution needs 0.02 seconds (cross multiplication)... the 0.02 are needed for one revolution, which is 10cm on the screen (see question) so to find the time base u need to find the time for 1cm, which is gonna be 0.002 seconds/cm.... change this to milliseconds you'll find it as 2ms/cm... and this is closest to choice B which is 10ms/cm ....thats it
hope u get it,,,gd luck in your coming examz ;)

Mine waz 2ms Tooo yaaaWR bt Dis Conseption didnt Came in ma Mind About Matchin my Ans to de CloZest Option.........
ThanX Alot Jumana94
Bst Ov Luck 2 yo Too....... :beer:

Reaction score
They are in equilibrium, So net force = 0
F= Eq, W = mg
therefore, Eq = mg
therefore, q/m = g/E

Attachments

• asdf.PNG
    asdf.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 28