• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
sakibfaiyaz said:
It should be D,
Gravitational pull depends on the gravitational field of the earth; which remains same throughout.
Pressure exerted on the VERTICAL SIDES (left and right) is SAME (pascals law).
Pressure difference between horizontal sides (top and bottom) would result in upthrust!
but Since that is not an option, D is the only right answer
upthrust is an option see option B ... :%) confusd

Reaction score
YUBAKKKK!!! where are you, time to reveal the answer before it's too late!!!! you don't reveal the answer we cannot answer your doubts for sure!

Reaction score
November 2001 mark scheme for paper 1

Attachments

• 9702_w01_er.pdf
    135.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
hassam said:
y dont we use 20 n force...zishi.......i dont undrstnd

We do use it - and I've got B as the answer from using that 20N force too!

Reaction score
airborne1944 said:
guys, can potential energy be meaused using this formula: mgv where v is velocity??

oh, its that question from O/N 2010 right? i don't get it either.

Reaction score
Xthegreat said:
airborne1944 said:
guys, can potential energy be meaused using this formula: mgv where v is velocity??

actually rate of energy is Power ... E/t=P ... and Power is equal to Force x Velocity ... this means uptill now rate of energy provided=Fv .. here force is resultant weight (m1g-m2g) takimg g common (m1-m2)g x Velocity .. so answer is D ...

Reaction score
abrraza said:
Xthegreat said:
airborne1944 said:

actually rate of energy is Power ... E/t=P ... and Power is equal to Force x Velocity ... this means uptill now rate of energy provided=Fv .. here force is resultant weight (m1g-m2g) takimg g common (m1-m2)g x Velocity .. so answer is D ...
why m1-m2? isnt it m2-m1?