• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQ query

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Hehe I just have this odd question. I wanted to ask whether there have been MCQ's in the o level Physics examinations in the past (1980s-1990s)with 5 options (A,B,C,D,E) instead of 4 (A,B,C,D), like we have now and in recent years. My teacher gave us a physics test in which the MCQ's had 5 options, and they were definitely past paper material photocopied. Or is it some other book from which he has give in which there would be 5 options? Please help, I am really curious :p

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Hehe I just have this odd question. I wanted to ask whether there have been MCQ's in the o level Physics examinations in the past (1980s-1990s)with 5 options (A,B,C,D,E) instead of 4 (A,B,C,D), like we have now and in recent years. My teacher gave us a physics test in which the MCQ's had 5 options, and they were definitely past paper material photocopied. Or is it some other book from which he has give in which there would be 5 options? Please help, I am really curious :p

It must have been some other book. I haven't solved previous papers (before the 90's) either but our teacher also gave us multiple tests which seemed like past papers but had 5 MCQ options and when we asked, she told us that it was from an IGCSE book.

Reaction score
It must have been some other book. I haven't solved previous papers (before the 90's) either but our teacher also gave us multiple tests which seemed like past papers but had 5 MCQ options and when we asked, she told us that it was from an IGCSE book.
Oh, perhaps that is so. Lets see what others say
anyone knows which book this can be? :p

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Yes, I did have some old past papers book that I've done a few times and before about 1991-2 there were 5 options.
Also, there were some questions giving 3 statements and its options were to tell which of the statements were correct.

Reaction score
Yes, I did have some old past papers book that I've done a few times and before about 1991-2 there were 5 options.
Also, there were some questions giving 3 statements and its options were to tell which of the statements were correct.

The second part holds true for some questions that come in today's age too.