• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics may june 2014 p32 paper discussion and doubts!!

Expected GT

• 30-35

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 15-20

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Guyys, Answer my query.

I made a big mistake in Q2. I took 100mm to 1Cm instead of 10 mm to 1Cm. :/ This means i've added extra zero to every value. For suppose if the actual answer is 62 I wrote it as 620. I did the same in every part Qno2 where we had 'mm'. How many marks I'll lose? any idea? Heelpp. I'm quite worried, except that my paper went quite good.

Thankyou.

Reaction score
Guyys, Answer my query.

I made a big mistake in Q2. I took 100mm to 1Cm instead of 10 mm to 1Cm. :/ This means i've added extra zero to every value. For suppose if the actual answer is 62 I wrote it as 620. I did the same in every part Qno2 where we had 'mm'. How many marks I'll lose? any idea? Heelpp. I'm quite worried, except that my paper went quite good.

Thankyou.
definetly they will cut your marks because this is a general mistake u did!!! this is not kind of ecf (error carried forward) where u probably make mistakes in reading or measurement..

Reaction score
definetly they will cut your marks because this is a general mistake u did!!! this is not kind of ecf (error carried forward) where u probably make mistakes in reading or measurement..
So how many marks will i get? Nothing? Zero? My readings and measurements are correct, just a silly mistake I've made :/

Reaction score
So how many marks will i get? Nothing? Zero? My readings and measurements are correct, just a silly mistake I've made :/
cambridge can be lenient so they can spare u some marks but they can also give u zero...depends on the paper's grading too for them to be lenient or not....so jst pray tht they give u some marks at ths...besides its nt like theres ecf for ths mistake coz theres no mistakes in takin readings n all....

Reaction score
Guyys, Answer my query.

Thankyou.
Look if you showed all the working and solved the question correctly other than the extra zero, they wouldn't cut more than 1 mark for each part. And I think they will apply the ecf rule to parts where you have only used the previously measured/calculated value (the one with the extra zero) to calculate a new one. so u dont need to be too worried. :)