• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics IGCSE Grades/Paper 1 etc

Reaction score
Im really freaking out.. I made too many silly mistakes today. And already im sure of 3/4 mistakes.. What do you think the A* mark is? And if i do really well in paper 6 and in paper 3 will i still be able to get an A*.

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry to much i think the threshold is gna be low for physics this year, i also made a few dumb mistakes but i found that the physics paper 1 was one of the harder paper 1's

Reaction score
Yeah there is still a chance of A* if you do really well on the other two, as long as you at least manage to scrape an A on paper 1. It was a lot harder than past years in my opinion, so threshold shouldn't be very high.

Reaction score
How low do you assume? I think the maximum mistakes i would make is 6. Although im assuming 3-5 is the region im in. Last year it was 35 for an A* was is not. And surely this year its harder. I dont know im just really worried...
And BTW math was really good. a few silly mistakes here and there but overall 5 marks lost so far.. Hoping for an A* in both. But that barometer question, Ice, Lights and ONE STUPID AC GENERATOR CURVE is really depressing me :(

Reaction score
Im sure ill get an A in paper 1. But is an A in paper 1. A* in paper 6. And A* in paper 3 enough. Or do i need an A* in all three...
If the grades are low on paper 1. Like 33 or 32 then ill get an A* in it. IDK :(

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
How low do you assume? I think the maximum mistakes i would make is 6. Although im assuming 3-5 is the region im in. Last year it was 35 for an A* was is not. And surely this year its harder. I dont know im just really worried...
And BTW math was really good. a few silly mistakes here and there but overall 5 marks lost so far.. Hoping for an A* in both. But that barometer question, Ice, Lights and ONE STUPID AC GENERATOR CURVE is really depressing me :(

What was the answer for that A.C generator question?

Reaction score
Yes and i Put that at first, But then thought.. HEY the split ends change the current. so its like a diode.. Stupid brain. Ice =/= 2. As i assumed.. And i put.. On off on Which i think is right.. And barometer same atmospheric pressure. 4 mistakes. Give or take one ..

Reaction score
The exam was easy, for most of the questions, and I guess almost half of the paper was from previous years, even with the same values and pictures..
My teacher says he thinks they got out of questons, and he said they are also repeating P3 questions, so make sure you guys go over all pastpapers :)

Reaction score
Physics as I checked 38/40
and maths 125/130

I need the other guys to post their assumption mark to see what could be the threshold.

Reaction score
NO WAY IS MATH 125.. The highest it has ever been is like 115. Andddd for physics.. THE JUNE 10 A* was 35. This was harder

Reaction score
I did my maths paper last year cos i was an accelerated math student and i got an A in it. I assume i got ike 110/130 in paper 4 and 60/70 in paper 2 and that got me the A. This yr i am doin all the other subjected along with A level maths C2 :p Edexcel.
I got On On On for the lamps question, x is less for the barometer thing and i got the left coil thing for the transformers which i think is wrong.
i hope i got like 35 :)

Reaction score
for me :D i have only one thing wrong in math paper 4 so ithink its b/w 125 &128

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
Gunner1995 said:

What was the answer for that A.C generator question?

The answer was C :) .. The one coming up and then going very down then coming up again.

Reaction score
Guys,I'm sure I will lose from 5-7 marks..Will that score an A* or an A or a B?
Please Reply..I need help :) :)

Reaction score
I may lose the same. Not 7. But Not less than 5. That will NEVER SCORE a B ! Its either an A if the curve is high. Or a A* if the curve is low, Which i am assuming it is.
Dont worry it will be low as this is the hardest paper 1 we have seen. June 10 wasnt that hard and it was 35 for an a*

Reaction score
mshaheen95 said:
the answer was the sinusoidal graph = the one with the ups and downs

The one that looks like a wave ?! That question came in pastpapers lol

I also made 6-7 dumb mistakes , I better don't talk about them ... I will need C and let's say I get 30/40 , that comes like 22.5 % in total .. enough for C ?

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:

the ice thingy is 0 C since ice is always solid (ice) at its freezing/melting point and it wont be ever called solid (ice) if the temperature is greater than 0 C

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
mshaheen95 said:
the answer was the sinusoidal graph = the one with the ups and downs

The one that looks like a wave ?! That question came in pastpapers lol

I also made 6-7 dumb mistakes , I better don't talk about them ... I will need C and let's say I get 30/40 , that comes like 22.5 % in total .. enough for C ?

If you get 6-7 Dumb mistakes thats enough for an A