• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics help needed......plzzzzz :'(

Reaction score
i really need some summed up notes for physics paper 32 i really appreciate the help and thank you in advance..... :)

Reaction score
This link about general tips and studying notes
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/any-help-hints-tips-for-studing-paper2-physics.16305/
And Here are some tips I found by a member called "IGCSE 1234"
Papers 2 and 3 Tips:
These are the papers that test your knowledge and understanding of Physics theory and the
ability to apply your knowledge to situations described on the paper. The following includes
some tips on how to read the questions and advice on particular items in the syllabus that
often seem to be poorly understood or applied. (This does not mean that other parts of the
syllabus require any less revision of course!).
Reading the questions:
• It is very easy when presented with a diagram question to look at the diagram and then
try to answer the question. You must read and understand the introductory sentences
above the diagram first before trying to answer the question. There may be a part of the
question near the end which requires you to use a piece of information that is included in
the introductory sentences in your answer.
• Be careful how you answer your questions. An explanation of some Physics (even if
correct) that does not answer the question set does not score marks.
• If there are three marks available for a calculation, two of the three marks are for showing
your working.
• If a question states ‘accurately mark’ or ‘accurately draw', the examiners expect points
(e.g. a centre of gravity) to be carefully positioned and lines to be drawn with care using a ruler. In the case of ray diagrams it is expected that rays drawn should pass at least
within 1 mm of the relevant point (e.g. principal focus).
• When reading the questions, decide which area of Physics you are being asked about.
Do not just look at a few words as you may then misunderstand the question. For
example a question that mentions heat radiation is not about radioactivity (just because
the word 'radiation' is seen). If you are asked for a convection current diagram do not
draw a circuit just because the word ‘current’ is in the question!
Answering the questions:
• You must understand the turning effect of a force and that it is called the moment of the
force.
• You must be clear about the names given to types of energy and use them appropriately.
• You should know that a substance melts and freezes at the same temperature and also
understand the ice and steam points as used in the calibration of thermometers.
• You should know the circuit symbols required for use in describing electrical circuits. The
symbol for a fuse is often not known and the symbols for a thermistor and a variable
resistor are commonly confused with each other.
• You must know how to connect a voltmeter in parallel with the component across which
you are measuring the potential difference.
• You must have a clear understanding of electromagnetic induction. For example, you
must know that when a magnet is moved in or out of a solenoid that is part of a circuit, a
current will be induced. It is the movement of the magnet in the solenoid that causes the
current as its magnetic field lines cut the coil.
• You must understand and be able to explain the concept of terminal velocity.
• You must understand the difference between mass and weight.
• You must be confident in drawing diagrams showing wavefronts as well as those showing
rays.
• You must understand basic radioactivity. You should know about the characteristics of
the three types of emission (alpha, beta and gamma), half-life and safety precautions.
The difference between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion must also be understood.
By : "IGCSE 1234"

Reaction score
but what is the difference between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion????????o_O

Reaction score
but what is the difference between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion????????o_O
nuclear fusion is wen da nuclei of hydrogen atoms fuse to from larger helium atoms. nuclear fission is wen nuclei split to form another substance.

Reaction score
:D OMG I CANT THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH AND IF IM NOT ASKING FOR TOO MUCH I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION........
what is the value of the crirical angle is it 90???????
and
what is e.m.f???

Reaction score
:D OMG I CANT THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH AND IF IM NOT ASKING FOR TOO MUCH I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION........
what is the value of the crirical angle is it 90???????
and
what is e.m.f???
da critical angle is not 90. but da critical angle is an angle where da angle of refraction is 90.
e.m.f(electromotive force) is the electrical energy transferred per unit coulomb

Reaction score
you cant imagine how thankful i am to you........ :)
thank you a gazzellion times lol
inshallah youl get a good grade and hopefully me too :)

Reaction score
you cant imagine how thankful i am to you........ :)
thank you a gazzellion times lol
inshallah youl get a good grade and hopefully me too :)
Jazakallahu khair! Aameen! if u hv nythin else u r welcum 2 ask me. ask me as mch as u wnt. i'll b glad 2 help u. btw, where r u doin da xams?

Reaction score
Hey lis, what if the refractive index is less than 1?? I was told that there is a different way of calculating that.. do u have any idea??

Reaction score
Hey lis, what if the refractive index is less than 1?? I was told that there is a different way of calculating that.. do u have any idea??
if da refractive index is less dan one, den da angle of refraction is da angle @ da top.
ie; we normally use n=sin^-1(angle of incidence/angle of refraction). dis way, da value 4 n is more dan 1
if we hv a refractive index which is less dan one, we shud use n=sin^-1(angle of refraction/angle of incidence)
if u didnt get it, tell me. i'll xplain once more.

Reaction score
if da refractive index is less dan one, den da angle of refraction is da angle @ da top.
ie; we normally use n=sin^-1(angle of incidence/angle of refraction). dis way, da value 4 n is more dan 1
if we hv a refractive index which is less dan one, we shud use n=sin^-1(angle of refraction/angle of incidence)
if u didnt get it, tell me. i'll xplain once more.
Thanks a lot.. but there's a question in http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s05_qp_3.pdf no. 6 (c). It has a refractive index of less than 1.. but the marking scheme says sin i/sin r. Confused!

Reaction score
Jazakallahu khair! Aameen! if u hv nythin else u r welcum 2 ask me. ask me as mch as u wnt. i'll b glad 2 help u. btw, where r u doin da xams?
well im taking my exam in my school in Oman what about you.??????? :D