• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Electricity question????

Reaction score
(a) a current flows through the circuit.It induces magnetism in the soft iron core and a n electromagnet us formed.the iron rod moves in the magnetic n electrical field of the electromagnet and current. direction can be found by fleming's left hand rule

Reaction score
sksuriza said:
(a) a current flows through the circuit.It induces magnetism in the soft iron core and a n electromagnet us formed.the iron rod moves in the magnetic n electrical field of the electromagnet and current. direction can be found by fleming's left hand rule

I dont get the "the iron rod moves in the magnetic n electrical field of the electromagnet and current. direction can be found by fleming's left hand rule" part . . we dont have th magnetic directions or current direction cuz thts in the coil .. . .and wat happens like how does it chime . . does the rod hit the metal or wat>????

Reaction score
Easy Way to GO^

(a) when the switch S is closed magnitism is induced into the soft iron core and as u know magnets attracts metals towards them so when it is closed the soft iron core behaves as a magnet and attracts the chimes towards itself hense the chime works. the direction and flow of electricity can be found by fleming's left hand rule (can be found in any physics book or notes)
(b) when the switch is open the soft iron core looses is electromagnetic induction (forced induction) and hense stops acting like a magnet and the chimes stop.
(C) c i donno but probably they won't but u should check it out yourself.
(d) as soft iron can easily be induced with electromagnetism and is light weight it is a suitable material which should be used.

anyone else answers are also helpful/.

Reaction score
direction of current form + to -
magnetic field of electromagnet can be found by right hand grip rules

if u have problems with flemings rule do tell me