• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS DOUBT!!!

Reaction score
In many past papers it says that the magnetic field goes into the paper and I really can't understand what it means by this....
If you could answer asap that would be great, I'm doing paper 3 tomorrow
Good luck guys!!

Reaction score
Into the paper means it goes vertically below regarding to you , so the magnetic field is like you aking ur finger go through the paper and continue under it so your hand is going INTO the paper. same thing applies for magnetic field ... for the one Outside the paper it meas it is going outside the paper and into your face xd hehe

Good Luck

Reaction score
resistance of LDR decreases with increasing light intensity
so, vice versa LDR resistance increases in dark.
the question says that the lamp should light up in dark so we will place LDR in gap B where with high resistance it will create a high P.d to divert large amount of current to relay where it will switch on the other circuit to light the lamp up :D

Reaction score
that didn't really clarify things... so how will a radioactive source act if the magnetic field is going into the paper
i really don't understand

Reaction score
they tell u about the direction of the magnetic field so you can use it for either the left hand rule or right hand rule.....so therefore if it says into the paper...your first finger should point into the paper(since it represents the field) and vice versa

Reaction score
In many past papers it says that the magnetic field goes into the paper and I really can't understand what it means by this....
If you could answer asap that would be great, I'm doing paper 3 tomorrow
Good luck guys!!
It's Flemming's left hand rule. You know the way your index finger represents the magnetic field, it's that!