• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 62101 View attachment 62102 1st pic is from 2005 oct/Nov and the other is from 2006 may/June all varient 2
for the first one you can write - that stick the protractor to the bench while placing its centre point at the point where the scale touches the bench
for the second ques - its simple one mark...write , use a set square it is more stable therefore easier to use ...measure the vertical height from the bench till the meter rule to see it the ruler is horizontal

also, these yrs don't have variants

Reaction score
Guys i need help in physics whats the hardest paper u have ever done it would be better if they are from 2016
and any important tips especially for paper 6 because i am suffering in tht paper
thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you:(
But as far as I've noticed Paper 62 2016Oct/Nov was the hardest of all Paper 6s.
You just need to revise and revise and the most important tip is to NOT open any past paper unless you, ve revised the full syllabus.
I hope I was helpful,Good Luck!

Reaction score
Guys! Ive a question.
How does increasing the voltage decrease the heating effect of current?

Reaction score
Guys! Ive a question.
How does increasing the voltage decrease the heating effect of current?
Current is responsible for the heating effect.
As the resistance increases, Voltage increases, current decreases (which means less heating effect)
You can increase the voltage and decrease the current by Step up transformer.

Reaction score
Does a variable resistor, thermistor and LDR follow Ohm's law?
Thermistor and LDR don't follow Ohm,s Law ,since their resistance depends on temperature and light.
However Variable resistor,s resistance doesn't,t depend on any factor (unless its overheated),So it does obey the Ohm,s Law

Reaction score
Current is responsible for the heating effect.
As the resistance increases, Voltage increases, current decreases (which means less heating effect)
You can increase the voltage and decrease the current by Step up transformer.
But isn't Voltage directly proportional to Current?

Reaction score
Inversely proportional
But ohm's law states that the electrical current (I) flowing in an circuit is proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R). therefore, if the voltage is increased, the current will increase provided the resistance of the circuit does not change.

Reaction score
But ohm's law states that the electrical current (I) flowing in an circuit is proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R). therefore, if the voltage is increased, the current will increase provided the resistance of the circuit does not change.
Actually this all (ohm,s law thing) isnt really applicable in original experiments.But you can say that if voltage will be increased the current passing through a resistor would also increase which could result in more resistance since more electons are now present inside the resistor making it difficult for them to pass through and will result in current being decreased.The resistor then heats up since the electrons are applying quite a lot of energy on the walls of the resistor.And inturn the voltage (aka P.D) will increase since more energy is spent by electrons while passing through.
P.s Eventhough all what I wrote above may seem incomprehensible at the first time,If read twice you will understand it
Additional P.s Good Luck for tomorrow!

Reaction score
Actually this all (ohm,s law thing) isn't really applicable in original experiments.But you can say that if voltage will be increased the current passing through a resistor would also increase which could result in more resistance since more electrons are now present inside the resistor making it difficult for them to pass through and will result in current being decreased.The resistor then heats up since the electrons are applying quite a lot of energy on the walls of the resistor.And in turn the voltage (aka P.D) will increase since more energy is spent by electrons while passing through.
P.s Even though all what I wrote above may seem incomprehensible at the first time , If read twice you will be able to understand it.
Additional P.s Good Luck for tomorrow!

Reaction score

Sorry I forgot yes according to Ohms law it is directly proportional

Reaction score
URGENT!
Guys! Can you plzz solve the part d of question 2 in the link below.Plzzz
http://dynamicpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/0625_s16_qp_62.pdf
since the cube is larger than the width of the metre rule, to make sure we put the cube on exactly the point on scale we want and on its centre of mass , we measure the width of the cube, divide the width by 2 , mark the middle position on the cube and then put that marked position directly above the point on ruler

Reaction score
Actually this all (ohm,s law thing) isnt really applicable in original experiments.But you can say that if voltage will be increased the current passing through a resistor would also increase which could result in more resistance since more electons are now present inside the resistor making it difficult for them to pass through and will result in current being decreased.The resistor then heats up since the electrons are applying quite a lot of energy on the walls of the resistor.And inturn the voltage (aka P.D) will increase since more energy is spent by electrons while passing through.
P.s Eventhough all what I wrote above may seem incomprehensible at the first time,If read twice you will understand it
i am confused!

Reaction score
since the cube is larger than the width of the metre rule, to make sure we put the cube on exactly the point on scale we want and on its centre of mass , we measure the width of the cube, divide the width by 2 , mark the middle position on the cube and then put that marked position directly above the point on ruler
Thankyou!