• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what is meant by Avogadro Constant?
Number of particles (either atoms or molecules) in one mole of any substance is known as the Avogadro's Constant.

Avogadro's constant has the value 6.02214129(27)×1023 mol−1

What does this exactly mean? It means one gram of hydrogen atoms will contain exactly 6.02 x10^23 atoms. 12g of carbon atoms will also contain exactly 6.02x10^23 atoms.

Reaction score
Number of particles (either atoms or molecules) in one mole of any substance is known as the Avogadro's Constant.
Avogadro's constant has the value 6.02214129(27)×1023 mol−1

What does this exactly mean? It means one gram of hydrogen atoms will contain exactly 6.02 x10^23 atoms. 12g of carbon atoms will also contain exactly 6.02x10^23 atoms.

What is one mole then?

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me the exact definitions for an acid and an alkali?
Also, do we need to know the flame tests?

Reaction score
Guyzz what is the direction of electron flow ?? +ve to -ve or -ve to +ve ?
Well That's easy
Electron flow is always from a positive pole to a negative pole. In the case of an electrolytic cell (battery) it is from the cathode (+) to the anode (-)

Reaction score
Plzz help friends.... Physics 0652 doubt....can some one plzzz explain how to do this:
Its question no. 9 (c)...

Attachments

• 0625_w13_qp_31.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Ummmm....
Im not too sure but it was one of the winter papers of 2011
Hey man .... I have a question
You once told me that we should use a pen for drawing diagrams of bonds in paper 3
But it states clearly on the very first page that we should use a pencil for diagrams
Now What hhhhhh????
Could you please turn out and tell me
Thanks in advance man......

Reaction score
Hey man .... I have a question
You once told me that we should use a pen for drawing diagrams of bonds in paper 3
But it states clearly on the very first page that we should use a pencil for diagrams
Now What hhhhhh????
Could you please turn out and tell me
Thanks in advance man......
it's not a problem pen or pencil. .. ur answer should be correct

Last edited: