• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What was that mcq qustion where photosynthesis,respiration,decomposition etc were shown ?? I did carbon cycle ! An option non cyclic was also given
Lol I'll be honest I didn't give this exam!
I was just guessing the answer to that guy based on knowledge.
From what you've said, carbon cycle seems to be correct though.

Reaction score
And what did you write for how the fertility drugs make women fertile and their social implications ?? i wrote they increase the production of FSH and oestrogen so ovulation occurs and fertilisation may occur ! And for social implications i wrote that women can get cancer if regularly used and they are expensive to buy

Reaction score
And what did you write for how the fertility drugs make women fertile and their social implications ?? i wrote they increase the production of FSH and oestrogen so ovulation occurs and fertilisation may occur ! And for social implications i wrote that women can get cancer if regularly used and they are expensive to buy
I said they contain FSH And LH which cause the follicle to become mature and cause ovulation, thus increasing the chance of ovulation and fertilisation occuring.
For social implications i wrote:
-Women who take the drugs may be gossiped about and outcasted by their community
-People in the community may outcast the woman due to religious and ethical beliefs

Reaction score
guys I have a small question , which might look awkward , but anyway.
Should we draw the diagrams of organic compounds , ionic and covalent bonds in chemistry in Pencil or Pen?????
I appreciate any help.......

Reaction score
Can anybody explain how electrons flow in a circuit ?? Physics
And in chemistry electrolysis electrons go from anode to cathode or cathode to anode ?

Reaction score
Can anybody explain how electrons flow in a circuit ?? Physics
And in chemistry electrolysis electrons go from anode to cathode or cathode to anode ?
Electrons flow from the negative terminal to the positive terminal. This is the electron flow. And in electrolysis, electrons flow from the anode to the cathode. The anode is positively charged, so it attracts the negatively charged ions, takes the electrons from them. The electrons then flow to the cathode, which is negatively charged and attracts the positive ions which are then given the electrons.

Reaction score
The social implications ques had come previously in one of the past papers and the options were:
implications of fertility drugs.PNG
So, I guess the answers will be similar to these options.................. :)

Reaction score
Electrons flow from the negative terminal to the positive terminal. This is the electron flow. And in electrolysis, electrons flow from the anode to the cathode. The anode is positively charged, so it attracts the negatively charged ions, takes the electrons from them. The electrons then flow to the cathode, which is negatively charged and attracts the positive ions which are then given the electrons.

This answer is damn amazing!!

Reaction score
Ju
Just wanted to add a bit more information as ur answer was vague while referring to this.
The ions that are close to the electrodes will ONLY be attracted/repelled to the electrodes. The general flow of ions from cathode to anode is because of diffusion. This happens because of initiall repulsion and attraction causing the ions to have a lower and higher concentration region.