• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
GUYS HOW TO DO THIS QUESTION:View attachment 53312
The answer should always be according to the marks mentioned. Anyway, this is how it goes...
There are three diagrams in the question.The retort stand to fix the beaker of water,the balance to measure the amount of water and thermometer to measure the temperature.

By using the balance has same of both the fuels so that you're test is fair.
First measure the initial temperature of the water using a thermometer.
Fix the beaker of water in the retort stand and place the fuel under it.
Then burn the fuel and record the temperature of water.
Repeate the experiment with the other fuel and the fuel that gives the greatest rise in temperature( for a period of time) produces more energy.
(In other words it would be a better fuel.)

Take a look at the mark scheme to make sure all points have been covered.If you wish to add a diagram you can draw like this(pic below...just that the test tube would be a beaker of water) and write the steps.
upload_2015-5-9_8-59-47.png
Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
For paper 6 design lab, when they say add a 'known volume' of acid into the beaker in the marking scheme, do we mention how much it is in our answer(ex:-10cm3, 20cm3 .etc)

Reaction score
what are the things needed to score 100% marks in ATP of chemistry when making a bar chart plz reply fast i hav no time left

Reaction score
what are the things needed to score 100% marks in ATP of chemistry when making a bar chart plz reply fast i hav no time left
Read the question.
Label the axis
Take a suitable scale.
Label the the samples or whatever the thing you are trying to show.

I guess that is pretty much it. :)

Reaction score
Intra-cellular enzymes are extracted by filtering the micro-organisms from the feedstock, crushing them, wash them with water then extracting them from the solution
what does dis means and ya my paper 6 went bad in bio does it affect my grades badly :(
What don't you understand? :)(Intra cellular enzymes are the ones that are for reactions inside the cell.)
Not badly, InSha Allah because you see P6 is like 20% of Bio.
Don't be sad skyangel,hopefully if you do well in paper 3 and paper 1( which is 80% of bio) it'll be fine.In Sha Allah!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello y'all
I'm having problems with chemistry paper 6. So I'd really appreciate it if u kindly give me some revision notes...

Thank u in advance :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
What r important chap tht mosty came in paper 3 :)
What is eutrophication I bio
What subject?
Eutrophication is when excess of fertilizers are washed away into rivers and lakes.This leads to more nutrients in those places and further changes in the environment.
( correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:
Reaction score
What r important chap tht mosty came in paper 3 :)
What is eutrophication I bio
Eutrophication:-
growth of algae/algal bloom ;
light blocked (by algae) ;
reduced/ no, photosynthesis ;
(so) algae/(fixed) water plants, die ;
less / no, oxygen released by plants ;
algae/ plants, fed on/ decayed/ decomposed, by bacteria ;
bacteria, multiply / increase/grow/ divide ;
(aerobic) respiration ;
low levels of oxygen cause, death/ suffocation/ migration, of, (named)
fish/animals / invertebrates /(aquatic) creatures / organisms / consumers
^^This is from a recent marking scheme so if you write points from this you will get full marks

Reaction score
chemistry problem
A question came to draw two straight intersecting lines
You guys are having any idea how to do that