• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
End Q of the wood will be hottest because the heat is not conducted away from the source by the wood.

This can be demonstrated by using the apparatus shown in the diagram. If a piece of
paper is fixed tightly around the wood / copper joint, the paper will singe on the wood side (high temperature)
but not on the copper side (lower temperature).
Thank you very much. I got it now. :)

Reaction score
Can anyone help me in part C please.
Shadow
physics tomorrowView attachment 48127
It depends on your diode connection. If your diode is forward biased when A is positive terminal, the graph will be half wave with positive cycles between 0-1 sec and 2-3 sec. Maximum voltage on reading is 3V because it is potential divider circuit.

Reaction score
Hello in S07QP3 question 3(B),
why is it that the mark scheme says ignore kinetic energy and sound?

That's because the primary things the examiners are looking for in your answer is that:
a) P.E. decreases
b) decrease becomes heat

It isn't wrong to mention KE and sound, but the answer needs to focus on the energy transformations, which is mainly decrease in potential energy.

Reaction score
View attachment 48265 Can someone tell me when this colored thingy is one the book cover

our teacher hinted exams would include this
Lol :p How does your teacher know what will come in the Board examination? And ofcourse, if it includes the portion stated in the syllabus, things from this would be bound to come :eek:
Book cover of what?