• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://gopapers.net/igcse.html?_0625_w09_qp_6

question 1 (d) does is it make sense if I rite

No

As seen by the gradient of slope ,as x increases at first T^2 increases but then it decreases

Question 4 (c) is it okay if I rite

No, because a difference of 4 is seen

Question 5 (a)

Its just like this (with a metre rule added)

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

Phoenix Blood

Reaction score
Reaction score
Is Mark Scheme wrong for physics may/june 2012, second variant paper 1, question number 18. I think the correct answer is B. But in mark scheme, it is A.
Which one is correct? Please help. If that question is asked next time, it will be confused for the students. Thanks.

End Q of the wood will be hottest because the heat is not conducted away from the source by the wood.

This can be demonstrated by using the apparatus shown in the diagram. If a piece of
paper is fixed tightly around the wood / copper joint, the paper will singe on the wood side (high temperature)
but not on the copper side (lower temperature).

Reaction score
End Q of the wood will be hottest because the heat is not conducted away from the source by the wood.

This can be demonstrated by using the apparatus shown in the diagram. If a piece of
paper is fixed tightly around the wood / copper joint, the paper will singe on the wood side (high temperature)
but not on the copper side (lower temperature).
(Y)