• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
someone help
i dont understand how platelets help in blood clotting..
They just conver fibronegon to fibrin...thats it?

Reaction score
i have a doubt in this question
CaCo3+2Hcl>>CaCl2+CO2+H2O
one piece of marble 0.3g was added to 5cm3 of Hcl concentration 1.00 mol/dm3 which reagent is in excess?
mass of 1 mol of CaCO3=100g
no. of mol of CaCO3=?
no.of mol of Hcl=?
reagent in excess=...............
reason=.........................
calculate maximum no.of volume of CO2 produces=.....
pls solve and explain if you ca as asoon as possible....

Reaction score
someone help
i dont understand how platelets help in blood clotting..
They just conver fibronegon to fibrin...thats it?

When an injury causes a blood vessel wall to break, platelets are activated. They change shape from round to spiny, stick to the broken vessel wall and each other, and begin to plug the break.

The platelets also interact with fibrinogen, a soluble plasma protein, to form insoluble fibrin. Calcium is required for that.

Fibrin strands form a net that entraps more platelets and other blood cells (red cells and white cells), producing a clot that plugs the break.

Reaction score
the contraceptive method of Intra Utrine Device (IUD) where is it placed in the female reproductive system?

Reaction score
in the uterus
it is shaped like T and its head should be placed against the top uterus wall to stop implantation
thnk u!
can u clear this doubt i ve
co-dominance: an example could be a red flower with white spots
incomplete dominance: an example could be a pink flower! with the alleles of a red and white flower!

Reaction score
the contraceptive method of Intra Utrine Device (IUD) where is it placed in the female reproductive system?
It prevents the a blastula( formed after the zygote has multiplied several times after fertilisation) from implanting in the uterine wall

Reaction score
another qs: why is glucose converted into glycogen rather than kept as glucose inside the cells?
Because glucose is soluble in water and would affect the concentration gradient for osmosis. If there was too much glucose in a cell, water would diffuse in but as animal cells do not have a cell wall, the cells will burst( cytolysis)