• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

That's an easy question:
a) The resultant will be towards the left because centripetal force is acting on the airliner
b) You have to draw a parallelogram, and find the diagonal length. That will be the resultant
c) The velocity is constantly changing because the direction is changing

Reaction score
guys i have a physics exam in 3 hours and i need help, the electrons is said to have the lowest mass, when a question comes up saying does electrons have mass or not, what do i say?

Reaction score
guys i have a physics exam in 3 hours and i need help, the electrons is said to have the lowest mass, when a question comes up saying does electrons have mass or not, what do i say?

Reaction score
can you help me please...
1: what mass of ammonia would be evolved by heating together 100g of ammoniun chloride, NH(4)Cl and 70g of calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)(2)?
2: 4.6g of sodium metal are added slowly to 10g of water in a small dish. what is the total mass of the solution left when the reaction is completed?
can you solve this for me please... i will be very grateful to you..
and show me your workings please...

Reaction score
Has anyone done any of the varient of Biology Paper 1? How was it??
ive done the variant 12, and it was good but i wanted more marks i felt, and now for 6 hours ive been thinking what will happen to me if i fail biology core, i really need help to get this stress out of me but im literally shaking

Reaction score
You've done your best dude. Don't be scared,if u prepared well. Good to know that ur objectives went on well

Reaction score
You've done your best dude. Don't be scared,if u prepared well. Good to know that ur objectives went on well

thank you :') when i opened the grade threshold for biology, there are two tables, the first table has the grades and their marks and last year a D was only 50% for core, is it true that in november exams the curve is always lower?

Reaction score
can you help me please...
1: what mass of ammonia would be evolved by heating together 100g of ammoniun chloride, NH(4)Cl and 70g of calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)(2)?
2: 4.6g of sodium metal are added slowly to 10g of water in a small dish. what is the total mass of the solution left when the reaction is completed?
can you solve this for me please... i will be very grateful to you..
and show me your workings please...
Well for question (1) you will start by writing the equation and balancing it(2NH4cl + ca(oh)2 = cacl2 +2h2o+2NH3)then you find number of moles of NH4cl ir ca(oh)2 . I will use ca(oh)2. It will be 70/(40.1+16+16+2) to get 0.94 then ratio of calcium hydroxide to ammonia is 1:2 so 0.94x2 to get mole of ammonia that is 1.88. After that get molecular mass of ammonia and multiply it by number of moles you get to find the mass.
For(2) you start by writing balnced equation, get mole of sodium and compare it to hydrogen then get mass of hydrogen evolved and subtract it from total mass. Easy right?

Reaction score
Chemistry doubt-
chem.png
The answer is D, how come?
Chlorine is bubbled at anode so it should be red and at anode colourless at cathode since it is hydrogen??! 2009 winter-paper 12

Reaction score
Well see, for cathode it is blue because sodiumchloride is concentrated , in other words sodium will replace hydrogen and take its place in cathode, for anode am not sure but I think it is colourless because when sodium ion bexome sodium, free chlorine ions combine to from chlorine as a result oh is attracted by anode.

Reaction score
Chemistry-
For complete combustion, one molecule of an organic compound needs 8 molecules of oxygen.
What could the formula of this compound be?
A C5H11OH
B C6H9OH
C C6H11OH
D C6H12

Answer-B(Winter 2007 paper 1,Q11)

Reaction score
Well its just that you try each organic vompound with 8 molecules of oxygen and see if it will be balanced or not.