• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
:sick: URGENT:eek:
can u help me with these doubts and explain them to me :)
.0625/M/J/05/ Q27
.0625/O/N/05/Q15 and Q31 AND Q39
.0625/M/J/07/Q20
.0625/O/N/07/Q16 and Q 17
.0625/M/J/08/Q10 and Q38
Thnx :D :)

Reaction score

Attachments

• 0625_s95_qp_01.pdf
    582.5 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score

I am sorry i know it is late but i just checked the forum now
25- Always and i mean always the Magnetic field lines come outta the north and in to the south in my view A would be and should be the answer
21- P and T are on the same place of A WAVE and not R and S because R is going Down ward and S upwards
11- at A ,B,C it has more Potential Energy and so the left out energy the energy of motion is less rle" More p.e LESS K.E)
13- the other is the atmospheric pressure is there when the balloon is put on the mercury is pushed by pressure towards the left and the atmospheric pressure can't get it back because it is low So BASICALLY more pressure in the balloon than Atmosphere that's why balloon air can push the mercury and atmospheric can not push it back
16- Cold water to Hot water whenever we heat a substance it EXPANDS and is more for Gases than Solids. here the cold water is getting heated by the hot water and so becomes warmer the more the warmer the more it expands .
I hope you got all of them!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w11_qp_11.pdf
Q7 why is the answer C option B also has two forces acting in the same direction
Q11 no idea
Q31 why and how is the answer C
Q38 donot know at all

I agree they are pretty hard but easy when you get the idea.
Q7 The answer B is wrong because the rod is not attached to the pivot so at B the rod will rise up. Remember the 2 conditions for an object to be in equilibrium. 1. Fnet should be zero so the resultant force should be zero. (sum of force in one direction should be equal to the opposite direction)
2.The principle of moments must apply (clockwise moment should be equal to anticlockwise moment)
Q11 The only thing you have to know here is that a manometer measures the pressure DIFFERENCE. So the difference between the two levels. One is 10 cm from the initial and the other is 10 cm from the initial so 20cm difference. And to calculate the pressure of the supply gas you just add the difference (which is also called excess pressure) to the atmospheric pressure.

Q31 This one is tricky but it is simple when you understand the logic. a potential divider divides the voltage from a power source by an arrangement of a circuit. So here as you can see the contact is moved up towards X. So the resistance in Lamp 1 reduces and the resistance in Lamp 2 increases. So Lamp 1 gets MORE resistance so MORE voltage and Lamp 2 gets LESS resistance so LESS voltage. We can explain this by the formula Voltage=Current*Resistance (where current is the same). And obviously more Voltage gives you more power when when current is the same so Lamp 1 is brighter than Lamp 2. When you see a question with the words potential divider always keep in mind that more resistance gives you more voltage (so more power)

Q38 Here I simply used the elimination technique.
We cancel out A because increase the distance between you and the source does reduce the amount of radiation no matter how small the amount is.
We skip B because we are not sure
We cancel C because you decrease the amount of time being exposed to the radiation (this is logic)
We cancel D because we know that lead is the best material that stops radiation. Even though Gamma rays can not be fully stopped by lead it still helps.

Reaction score
I agree they are pretty hard but easy when you get the idea.
Q7 The answer B is wrong because the rod is not attached to the pivot so at B the rod will rise up. Remember the 2 conditions for an object to be in equilibrium. 1. Fnet should be zero so the resultant force should be zero. (sum of force in one direction should be equal to the opposite direction)
2.The principle of moments must apply (clockwise moment should be equal to anticlockwise moment)
Q11 The only thing you have to know here is that a manometer measures the pressure DIFFERENCE. So the difference between the two levels. One is 10 cm from the initial and the other is 10 cm from the initial so 20cm difference. And to calculate the pressure of the supply gas you just add the difference (which is also called excess pressure) to the atmospheric pressure.

Q31 This one is tricky but it is simple when you understand the logic. a potential divider divides the voltage from a power source by an arrangement of a circuit. So here as you can see the contact is moved up towards X. So the resistance in Lamp 1 reduces and the resistance in Lamp 2 increases. So Lamp 1 gets MORE resistance so MORE voltage and Lamp 2 gets LESS resistance so LESS voltage. We can explain this by the formula Voltage=Current*Resistance (where current is the same). And obviously more Voltage gives you more power when when current is the same so Lamp 1 is brighter than Lamp 2. When you see a question with the words potential divider always keep in mind that more resistance gives you more voltage (so more power)

Q38 Here I simply used the elimination technique.
We cancel out A because increase the distance between you and the source does reduce the amount of radiation no matter how small the amount is.
We skip B because we are not sure
We cancel C because you decrease the amount of time being exposed to the radiation (this is logic)
We cancel D because we know that lead is the best material that stops radiation. Even though Gamma rays can not be fully stopped by lead it still helps.
Thanks for the answers .good luck to you for the paper

Reaction score

Q7 So the 3N force is acting towards the left of the object pushing it to the right and the 2N force is acting on the right of the object pushing it to the left.
Together they form a single force, called the resultant force. The resultant force is 1N (3N - 2N = 1N) acting towards the right since 3N is bigger than 2N (captain obvious). This causes an acceleration in the same direction as the resultant force since the forces are not balanced and the resultant force is not zero.

Q5 This one is fairly easy. First you have to know what a scalar and a vector is. A scalar is only the magnitude (size) of a force, quantities such as mass and volume which have a magnitude (size) but no direction. Vectors however have a magnitude and a direction, quantities such as force or weight.

Now you might be wondering why weight is a vector and not a scalar since it tells us 'how much' of something. But you are most likely confusing weight with mass. Mass is 'how much' something is but weight is the mass and the direction (which is to the centre of the planet) of an object by gravity acting on it.

Reaction score
Q7 So the 3N force is acting towards the left of the object pushing it to the right and the 2N force is acting on the right of the object pushing it to the left.
Together they form a single force, called the resultant force. The resultant force is 1N (3N - 2N = 1N) acting towards the right since 3N is bigger than 2N (captain obvious). This causes an acceleration in the same direction as the resultant force since the forces are not balanced and the resultant force is not zero.

Q5 This one is fairly easy. First you have to know what a scalar and a vector is. A scalar is only the magnitude (size) of a force, quantities such as mass and volume which have a magnitude (size) but no direction. Vectors however have a magnitude and a direction, quantities such as force or weight.

Now you might be wondering why weight is a vector and not a scalar since it tells us 'how much' of something. But you are most likely confusing weight with mass. Mass is 'how much' something is but weight is the mass and the direction (which is to the centre of the planet) of an object by gravity acting on it.

Scalars and vectors have nothing to do with this o.0

Reaction score
I am sorry i know it is late but i just checked the forum now
25- Always and i mean always the Magnetic field lines come outta the north and in to the south in my view A would be and should be the answer
21- P and T are on the same place of A WAVE and not R and S because R is going Down ward and S upwards
11- at A ,B,C it has more Potential Energy and so the left out energy the energy of motion is less rle" More p.e LESS K.E)
13- the other is the atmospheric pressure is there when the balloon is put on the mercury is pushed by pressure towards the left and the atmospheric pressure can't get it back because it is low So BASICALLY more pressure in the balloon than Atmosphere that's why balloon air can push the mercury and atmospheric can not push it back
16- Cold water to Hot water whenever we heat a substance it EXPANDS and is more for Gases than Solids. here the cold water is getting heated by the hot water and so becomes warmer the more the warmer the more it expands .
I hope you got all of them!

Thanks So Much But You Left Out S95 :/

Reaction score
can any1 help meh wid this qs
Half life is the half of the unstable nuclei
so How many 4 hours are there in 12
3 times 4 is 12
so 72 billion/2^3 = 9 billion
well i would go for B as the answer!
OR
after 4 hours it will be 72 billion/2=36 billion AFTER 4 hours
after 8 hours it will be 36 billion/2=18 billion after 8
after 12 hours it will be 18 billion/2= 9 billion after 12
so you see which one is easier?

Reaction score
hey i got to know about you from amna she told me that you are really good so can you please help me with rates of reaction