• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
1 st ans cannot be D coz 3 organisums eaten do not stay in d 4th organism always they come out in wates,i e , the whole organism is not edible......
Ans is A coz mass is num*dry mass and as one knows tress have the max dry mass.....the ans should be A
Okay... Thanks..:)

Reaction score
i have these questions:
1) what problem could u oversee if u were asked to test a carrot for the presence of reducing sugar and how could u overcome it?
2) why is it better to use water bath than flame when heating test tubes containing glucose.

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've got a couple of questions in Physics (Electricity).
Q - When a road tanker pumps oil or petrol into a storage tank, the connecting pipe must be earthed. If it is not, it could become charged. A build up of charge would cause a spark which could make the fuel vapour explode.
i - Why is the rubber hose of a petrol pump made of conducting rubber?
ii -Why must the storage tank and road tanker also be earthed before the fuel is pumped into the storage tank?

Thanks.

Reaction score
hey why in electrolysis of HCl, hydrogen bubbles seem to form almost instantaneously but chlorine gas seems to form after sum time?
Also could u tell me all gases in which the above is noticed

Reaction score
hi sam ivashkov answer to Q 1- so that any charge that is build up in the tank can be conducted away into earth
Q 2 So as to remove any chrge that had been formed before ( while the truck was moving etc)

Reaction score
can anyone explain how to find vectors by the formulae nd scale drawing both................fast plzzzzz

Reaction score
Which of the following is a renewable energy resource?
a. Natural gas
b. Wind
c. Nuclear fuel
d. Oil

Reaction score
what is terminal velocity
when an object is falling , first it's weight (gravity) is acting on it pulling it down , then the air resistance pulls it up until the upward force (caused by air resistance) is = to the downward force , so it falls with a constant speed .. which is terminal velocity :)

Reaction score
Chemistry (Qualitative Analysis)
Why is an acid added when identifying the anion part of a salt?
u see its actually not necessary to add an acid
the actual reason behind it is to form an insoluble precipitate of the anion
eg. a soluble salt of barium is added for sulfate ion testing because BaSO4 is insoluble
the only sensible reason to think of is that it acts as a catalyst

Reaction score
u see its actually not necessary to add an acid
the actual reason behind it is to form an insoluble precipitate of the anion
eg. a soluble salt of barium is added for sulfate ion testing because BaSO4 is insoluble
the only sensible reason to think of is that it acts as a catalyst
Thanks alot!!

Reaction score
BIOLOGY
Which one of the two processes is catalyzed by an enzyme?? Respiration or Photosynthesis, explain you answer...

Reaction score
BIOLOGY
Which one of the two processes is catalyzed by an enzyme?? Respiration or Photosynthesis, explain you answer...
i dont now if it is by an enzyme bt d answer must be photosynthesis
here light acts as a catalyst for d light reaction wich is breaking down of water molecules
chlorophyll may be an enzyme
for all i noe respiration is not d answer