• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
plllz need expalnation
q26 winter 2010 var.1 why A would be explosive?
wrt d data given, it goes (Cl)very vigorous->(Br)less vigorous. u also noe dat cl is more reactive dan d other halogens listed, so it is d 1 which will b xplosive.

Reaction score
wrt d data given, it goes (Cl)very vigorous->(Br)less vigorous. u also noe dat cl is more reactive dan d other halogens listed, so it is d 1 which will b xplosive.
so nothing connected with hydrogen right?? its about the reactivity of halogens

Reaction score
so what about A, it doesnt recieve ne CO2, so will have least? n D?
it could be that CO2 diffuses through all the cells but only palisade cells absorb it thus have a high concentration but at the same time they use it the most too so have the least concentration, as only they photosynthesize & do this the most on a warm suuny day;
this is what i think, and it does justify the answer.
tell me if its acceptable.:unsure:

Reaction score
it could be that CO2 diffuses through all the cells but only palisade cells absorb it thus have a high concentration but at the same time they use it the most too so have the least concentration, as only they photosynthesize & do this the most on a warm suuny day;
this is what i think, and it does justify the answer.
tell me if its acceptable.:unsure:
i think it is 5n. thx:)

Reaction score
pyramids of biomass n energy r always upright?
pyramid of energy should not be inverted because energy is lost at each level which means that every successive level will have less energy
pyramid of biomass is generally not inverted except if there is under sampling (& this mostly happens- this is the problem with this pyramid)
hope u understood or still have doubt:)

Reaction score
pyramid of energy should not be inverted because energy is lost at each level which means that every successive level will have less energy
pyramid of biomass is generally not inverted except if there is under sampling (& this mostly happens- this is the problem with this pyramid)
hope u understood or still have doubt:)
thx, i got it, but what's sampling plz can u xplain? thx again

Reaction score
thx, i got it, but what's sampling plz can u xplain? thx again
sampling is selecting a sample of a particular organism for calculating the biomass.
the problem that might occur is that some plants have a short lifespan than the herbivores that feed on them, this does not provide a sufficient base for the respective pyramid.
hope u got it:)

Reaction score
o sorry, i dunno if v need 2 lrn them...:(

we shuld know them for bio mcqs bcuz sometime they are keeping such chemicals in the plant pot to investigate the effect of co2..so we shuld know whether the chemical placed is absorbing co2 produced by plant or whether it is giving co2....

Reaction score
we shuld know them for bio mcqs bcuz sometime they are keeping such chemicals in the plant pot to investigate the effect of co2..so we shuld know whether the chemical placed is absorbing co2 produced by plant or whether it is giving co2....
they do write it when it absorbs co2, don't dey?