• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
it is stay still in Q because CO2 produced is the same as O2 taken it by the animals and so there is no change in pressure, however at P it takes away oxygen and CO2 and so the pressure reduces this causes the spot to move to the left at P and stay still at Q so the answer is B
dat mks sense...

Reaction score
can u
D it is sulfur dioxide because when u burn ethanol u release oxygen and water, however oxides of nitrogen and nitrogen occur and the fuel used has no effect on them, sulfur dioxide is the answer because it can only be made by the combustion of a sulfur containing fuel :D

can u plz explain a bit more !! u said sulphur dioxide is produced from fuel containing sulphur but ethanol doesnt contain sulphur ??

Reaction score
D it is sulfur dioxide because when u burn ethanol u release oxygen and water, however oxides of nitrogen and nitrogen occur and the fuel used has no effect on them, sulfur dioxide is the answer because it can only be made by the combustion of a sulfur containing fuel :D
so when u burn ne fuel, u get NOx?

Reaction score
can u

can u plz explain a bit more !! u said sulphur dioxide is produced from fuel containing sulphur but ethanol doesnt contain sulphur ??
yea ethanol doesnt contain sulfur, there is nothing to explain, all u have to know is ethanol produces CO2 and water when combusted and that oxides of nitrogen and nitrogen arent affect by the fuel used, they will always be available. only sulfur dioxide is affected by the fuel used and ethanol as i said before doesnt release sulfur dioxide when combusted and so it is sulfur dioxide.

Reaction score
plz tell me the chemicals that absorb and produce carbondioxide ????
i dont think u exactly need 2 noe what absorbs CO2, but combustion & respiration produce CO2. all organisms respire, so produce it
also, when u burn a carbonate, u get co2, n when u react it wid an acid, but dats in chem

Reaction score
i dont think u exactly need 2 noe what absorbs CO2, but combustion & respiration produce CO2. all organisms respire, so produce it
also, when u burn a carbonate, u get co2, n when u react it wid an acid, but dats in chem

NO I MEAN THE CHEMICALS LIKE SODA LIME ABSORB CO2 !!! I WANT THE NAME OF SUCH CHEMICALS

Reaction score
its D because C is Egestion (removal of undigested food....to anus)
but they're asking you about excretion! thats different its the removal of TOXIC UNWANTED WASTE PRODUCTS...A.K.A. DIGESTED FOOD OUT OF THE BODY... understood? :)
ITS B BECAUSE OVULATION IS WHEN THE EGG IS RELEASED FROM THE OVARY, PASSES ALONG THE OVIDUCT BY THE CILIA...AND IF FERTILIZED BY SPERM, THEN IT WILL BE IMPLANTED TO FORMA FETUS IF NOT..WELL THEN, TAKES AN EXIT DOWN THE TOILET WITH A BUS OF THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE... DAY 16, OESTROGEN HELPS IN REBUILDING THE UTERUS LINING...
THANK U :)
1 - removal of undigested food is egestion, not excretion; recall the definition of excretion
2 - I believe it is C, after ovulation
3 - As leaves have developed and the plant is able to photosynthesise
4 - Similar to soil erosion
5 - If you chose C, then you are suggesting that there is no bending, bending is due to unequal distribution of auxin.
6 - as cell wall is fully permeable and will allow any surrounding solution in, NOT Air!
7 - Answer is B, we discussed this previously in detail, this Q. is repeated in one of the recent papers and answer is B.
8 - Xylem is W and phloem is X, therefore water travels from W(xylem) to Y(stomata) during transpiration.
9 - Stomata is open during the day to absorb maximum CO2 for photosynthesis (if u hve further doubt on this ask again, I will explain in more detail!)
10 - Same as 1994 (explained above)
11 - Deforestation doesn't cause an increase in SO2 , actually SO2 has nothing to do with plants.
12 - I was earlier confused here too, but my last year's teacher said we have to choose the most appropriate answer.
Hope this helps :) ! Any further doubts, Please ASK!
THANK U SOOOOOO MUCH.......CAN U PLZZZZZZZZZZ EXPLAIN THE OPENING AND CLOSING OF GUARD CELLS IN MORE DETAILS (LIKE WHEN DO THEY OPEN AND WHEN DO THEY CLOSE IN GENERAL I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT SO PLZZZZZZ HELP) AND FOR NUMBER 8 - UR LABELING R CORRECT BUT THERE IS NO CHOICE "FROM W TO Y" THE XYLEM IS THE DARKER CELL RIGHT???????? THANKSSSSSS AGAIN :)
za Shadow Here..
s 1994 21:C is egestion not excretion ,excretion is the removal of waste substances
26 :As ovulation starts then
w 1994 28 : As in D it's fully grown it can photosynthesis
s 1995 39: I think It's the movement of rocks and dirt down a slope
w 1996 23: Auxins accumulate in the darker side
w 1999 37: this question is repeated in the latest papers &the answer is B
s 2000 13: X is xylem &W is phloem so from xylem to stomata
17: I think it's B cause wen light intensity increases stomata opens for the diffusion of gases
27 : As it is fully grown up can photosynthesis ,make food..
w 2000 38 : If no trees then no transpiration D is not possible sulphurdioxide is not released from trees
w2001 38 : As in the graph thickness decreases after DDT is added
THANK U SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :)