• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can u help me in this biology may june 2010 Q 35 why will the carbon dioxide help soybeans to grow ???

Reaction score
13 : Metals form at cathode as they form positively charged ions so they attract to the negative electrode so X & Y will be formed
19 : Adding in excess doesnot effect the oxidation state , but the pH increases because KOH is added in excess and it's basic so the pH becomes alkaline
22 : This is neutralization , we use the metal in powdered form i.e solid
29 : Forms an alloy can be C, Cu or Zn
Forms basic oxide can be Cu Or Zn
Below hydrogen is only copper (Reactivity series: K Na Ca Mg Al (C) Zn Fe Sn Pb (H) Cu Ag Au Pt)
30 : Refer the reactivity series Xis after Hydrogen in the series so it cannot displace hydrogen & it is below carbon so carbon CAN displace Xoxide
38 : Petroleum is a mixture of hydrocarbons , Methane is not a mixture , it is a hydrocarbon
39 : Ethene is a gas and has double bond (unsaturated) so B
thank you soooooo much for ur effort i understood :D

Reaction score
q13- X n Y react wid Br n O2, which will ALWAYS go to d anode, so u can make out dat x n y will go 2 d cathode

q 19- i think so:: u can't change d oxidation state, which is a chemical property, by adding xtra base. n potassium hydroxide is base coz it's "hydroxide", so pH increases. bases: CO3 ion(carbonates), OH(hydroxides), O(Oxides), hydrogencarbonates(dunno how dat appears)

q22-maybe coz they've 2 b added in xcess, so it'll b easier dat way. i think so, k, im not sure

q29- it 4ms a basic oxide, must b a metal. is below H in d reactivity series, so dat leaves only Cu. if u wanna learn d reactivity series dere's a good link http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks3bit...al_behaviour/compounds_mixtures/revise5.shtml, if u haven't learnt it already, of course. H is btwn lead n copper{wikipedia}

q30- x is after H so will not displace d H 4m HCl. u noe dat Fe compound can b reduced by C, so even X will b reduced by C.

q38- mixture of hydrocarbons, so it's not methane coz methane is only a SINGULAR hydrocarbon, not a MIXTURE, which is d case wid petroleum.

q39- ethene has only 2 C atoms, so it's got a low boiling pt. u noe dat methane is gas at rtp, so even ethene will b gas
then its not saturated coz its an "ene", 4m alkene, which are an unsaturated family.
:)
THANK U SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH for your help :D

Reaction score
It is a tricky question i admit. I think u know that Barium Nitrate is soluble so Barium will dissolve in the nitrate solution leaving iodine to react lead forming lead iodide which is yellow to precipitate downwards so the ans is b..If u dnt understand feel free to ask again.

Reaction score
Reaction score
It is a tricky question i admit. I think u know that Barium Nitrate is soluble so Barium will dissolve in the nitrate solution leaving iodine to react lead forming lead iodide which is yellow to precipitate downwards so the ans is b..If u dnt understand feel free to ask again.
plz i didn't get it :unsure:

Reaction score
plz i didn't get it :unsure:
Ok heres another way to explain it. The question said a solution contains barium iodide. To obtain a solution that contains Ba2+(aq) we have to add any nitrate because u know that all nitrates are soluble so the answer is either A or B. Then when we add the nitrate(lead nitrate) the lead displaced from it will react with the iodide displaced from the older compund(barium iodide) leaving Lead Iodide which is yellow so the answer is B. If u dnt understand ask again :)

Reaction score
Ok heres another way to explain it. The question said a solution contains barium iodide. To obtain a solution that contains Ba2+(aq) we have to add any nitrate because u know that all nitrates are soluble so the answer is either A or B. Then when we add the nitrate(lead nitrate) the lead displaced from it will react with the iodide displaced from the older compund(barium iodide) leaving Lead Iodide which is yellow so the answer is B. If u dnt understand ask again :)
thnx a million i got it :)

Reaction score
plz help in biology november 2004 Q 8
why the answer is organ system i mean isnt it supposed to be organ as each vein an artery is a tissue so they all make an organ not an organ system

Reaction score
why the answer is organ system i mean isnt it supposed to be organ as each vein an artery is a tissue so they all make an organ not an organ system
It is an organ system becoz the organs shown like the stomach and the kidneys are all part of the same organ system.

Reaction score
look at the image the heart is there 2 so viens and arteries are part of the same oran system ( talking about the circulatory system all ) .... if u didn't got it ask again :)