• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hi,
i have a couple of questions in oct/nov 1998
Q.4
Q.21
Q.11
tyvm and plz help :D
http://www.freeexampapers.com/past_papers.php?l=Past_Papers/IGCSE/Chemistry/CIE/1993-2003/ here is the link again :D
4 : u need to estimate like if u take 1 division for 0.5 u'll get 35.5 so i'll be B
11 : It will be A ,as it has 4 hydrgen in one carbon so 4 water molecules
if u c B it has 2 carbon with 6 hydrgen so 6 water molecule but if u take 2 of the structures of A u will get 8 H which is 8H2O
21: i think it will be C but em not sure

Reaction score
hey question for chemistry
which side of periodic table alkalis, non metals, metals, and acids lie
and if its a metal will it have a positive charge or negative charge!
please explain

Reaction score
4 : u need to estimate like if u take 1 division for 0.5 u'll get 35.5 so i'll be B
11 : It will be A ,as it has 4 hydrgen in one carbon so 4 water molecules
if u c B it has 2 carbon with 6 hydrgen so 6 water molecule but if u take 2 of the structures of A u will get 8 H which is 8H2O
21: i think it will be C but em not sure
21 the answer is D :/
and i dont understand the type of question in 4 cud u explain it further plz, how do u know the scale?
Also 11 didnt understand too srry but ur answers for 4 and 11 are correct btw :D

Reaction score
please explain
Look,
Left side has metals which have either basic or amphoteric oxides (grp1 are called alkali metals) basicity increases to the left and down the group
Right side has non-metals which have either acidic or neutral oxides, Acidity increases to the right and up the group
Charges: Metals usually loose electron( which are negativel charged) becoming positively charged
non-metals on the other hand gain electron becoming negatively charged

Reaction score
Look,
Left side has metals which have either basic or amphoteric oxides (grp1 are called alkali metals) basicity increases to the left and down the group
Right side has non-metals which have either acidic or neutral oxides, Acidity increases to the right and up the group
Charges: Metals usually loose electron( which are negativel charged) becoming positively charged
non-metals on the other hand gain electron becoming negatively charged
woow mashALLAH u r soo good believe me u r gonna a* :p pray for me nd thnxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score
Hey guys could anyone explain to me why in s06 paper 1 chemistry the answer to question 9 is c??
b/c diagram 2 shows a single bond which may represent hydrgen
n diagram 3 shows double bond which may represent oxygen
but diagram 1 shows no bond which means dat its a noble gas and water can never be made of noble gas
so the answer is 2 and 3

Reaction score
Hey guys could anyone explain to me why in s06 paper 1 chemistry the answer to question 9 is c??
because water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen. and hydrogen is diatomic with single bonds so 2 and also oxygen is diatomic but it has double bonds as oxygen has a valency of two and this is 3 and so the answer is 2 and 3 which is C
if u dont understand ask again :D

Reaction score
please explain
metals are on the left side of the periodic table
non metals are on the right side of the table
you can not exactly say where acids and alkalies lie (it depends wether u are considering elements or compounds)
but metalic elements usually form alkali compounds
while non metalic elements form acidic compounds.

Reaction score
b/c diagram 2 shows a single bond which may represent hydrgen
n diagram 3 shows double bond which may represent oxygen
but diagram 1 shows no bond which means dat its a noble gas and water can never be made of noble gas
so the answer is 2 and 3
Thx alot i appreciate it :)

Reaction score
because water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen. and hydrogen is diatomic with single bonds so 2 and also oxygen is diatomic but it has double bonds as oxygen has a valency of two and this is 3 and so the answer is 2 and 3 which is C
if u dont understand ask again :D
Well i understand it thx alott. If i didnt understand it i wouldnt hve asked u again becoz it sounds rude to me :p